Casting Lab Shop Supervisor – 2nd ShiftBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01261437 Date posted 01/10/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have an excellent opportunity for a talented Casting Lab Shop Supervisor – 2nd Shift to be based in East Hartford, CT.
You will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
We are a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is desires dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
The Pratt & Whitney Rapid Prototype Casting Lab is looking for a 2nd shift Team Leader. You will lead operators to meet customer, quality, delivery, productivity, EH&S, and cost goals to support advanced cast component manufacture for commercial and military engines. You will be responsible for supervising a group of hourly bargaining unit employees in a Manufacturing Operations environment.
- Allocating work and assigning the workforce with a strong leadership and focus for ACE, FOD, Quality, EH&S and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Lead by setting operational strategies, training plans, performance feedback, production scheduling, project implementation, continuous improvement, and communication with leadership and employees. Key metrics are EHS performance, first time yield, schedule achievement, cost reduction, workforce development, and preventative maintenance planning.
- Provide leadership and direction with emphasis on team building through daily toolbox meetings, effective communications, and in developing an efficient team that is responsive to production requirements and change.
- Establish work schedules taking into account customer requirements, resource availability, and other priorities.
- Work proactively to address issues and engage the workforce in achieving cell goals.
- Communicate to peers requirements at supporting process to ensure smooth process flow.
- Hold employees accountable while maintaining a key working relationship.
- Ensure our World Class safety culture is maintained and respond to all EH&S requirements promptly.
- Ensure full involvement in continuous improvement initiatives - utilize appropriate tools to improve production, performance, and reduce scrap, rework, and repair.
- Control quality, productivity and process flow to meet MRP requirements while ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction.
- 10% travel
To be successful in this position, you should have the following experience:
- Associates Degree in a technical discipline
- 5+ years direct leadership skills
- 5+ years supervising bargaining unit employees and union exposure
- 5+ years continuous improvement principles and lean manufacturing
- US Citizen due to program requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated ability to present concepts, obtain information and work with multi-functional teams
- The ability to create positive collaborative relationships and craft clear communication
- Excellent organization, prioritization, problem solving, analytical and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to drive obligations to closure with precision to benefit the organization.
- Ability to plan projects and to use written/verbal/analytical/organization skills to influence business objectives.
- Excellent Judgment and professional maturity
Our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.