Business Value Lead (Program Budget Manager)Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01389425 Date posted 02/12/2020 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work with Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
The sky has no limits!
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will join an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity for which you’ve been looking.
Inclusion Powers Innovation
We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Key responsibilities include:
- Handle overall and annual budget across several capital appropriation funding mechanisms
- Extrapolate baseline value from business cases and align to DT program landmarks
- Monitor results of value delivered at key program intervals to gain realized vs. expected benefit across the program
- Authorize and control spending change requests to support program and cost objectives
- Drive overall performance of projects by tracking progress to EAC and other performance metrics
- Analyzes trends affecting expenditures and adjust budgets accordingly
- Consults on staffing decisions that impact project and overall program implications
- Responds to inquiries and researches financial reporting and management issues
- Examines budgets for accuracy and compliance with rules and regulations
- Conducts presentation of budget analysis as part of regular program reviews to the executive steering team
- 5-7 years experience of managing budget and financial management efforts
- Possess exceptional written and oral communication skills, can develop clear, concise and logically written business communications, as well as deliver recommendations optimally to demanding audiences.
- Strong familiarity with budget and finance tools, methodologies, and standard methodologies
- Consistent record consulting to business leaders providing communication and financial management support
- Demonstrated effectiveness working in a complex, service-intensive, fast paced environment
- Ability to build strong relationships to use information and insights across key groups
- Strong personal leadership, organizational, relationship-building, and negotiation skills
- Outstanding formal and informal presentation skills
- Self-starter with self-confidence, enthusiasm, and strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions in a timely manner sometimes with incomplete information, under tight deadlines and in pressure situations
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Organizational Development or related discipline. Master’s Degree preferred. One of more certifications preferred (CCMP, CMS, CPCM).
Pratt & Whitney is a place where the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this linkto read the Policy and Terms