Associate Director, Systems Optimization – Conceptual Aircraft ConfigurationBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01273146 Date posted 01/02/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? We have a rare opportunity for a talented Associate Director based in East Hartford, Connecticut.
The Associate Director, Systems Optimization–Conceptual Aircraft Configuration position provides an opportunity to engage senior leadership as well as external government and airframe customers. The position will influence business and configuration strategies that P&W will use to grow its leadership position in military and commercial aerospace beyond 2030.
- Focus on aircraft configuration layout, conceptual fidelity structural assessments, weight/loads accounting, and propulsion integration. In particular identify how aircraft can be designed to best exploit P&W propulsion and UTC aircraft power and cooling functions at the overall aircraft-mission level.
- Develop conceptual aircraft design capabilities and methods.
- Innovate advanced aircraft concepts that can exploit new propulsion, power, and cooling approaches.
- Coordinate with airframers to best utilize P&W and UTC concepts.
- Demonstrate strong creative thinking skills, a passion learning, and discovery.
- Operate both independently with little mentorship and on a team with executive oversight.
- Exhibit great communication, team leadership, and coordination skills.
This position will collaborate with:
- P&W mission analysis, aircraft aero/controls specialists, inlet/nacelle/exhaust designers, and the advanced propulsion concept team.
- United Technologies Aero Space (UTAS) and United Technologies Research Center (UTRC) to identify new power and aircraft cooling concepts. Additionally, how they should install on an aircraft and integrate with the engine.
- External Airframer customers to define new integrated propulsion, power, and cooling concepts for future aircraft.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, or Information Technology.
- 15 years of conceptual Operational Analysis experience in military and/or commercial aerospace industry.
- US Citizen
- Ability to obtain a government security clearance.
- Master's or PhD in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Experience with the configuration design of platforms such as Blended Wing Bodies, supersonic transports, embedded military applications, and fighter style aircraft in addition to classic tube-wing architectures.
- Experience with novel aircraft and propulsion-airframe integration.
- Software skills in CAD modeling (NX or other), and/or Finite Element Analysis (ANSYS or other).
- Current Secret Clearance
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.