Associate Director, Polymeric Matrix Composites Development GroupBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01287266 Date posted 01/18/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have an excellent opportunity for a talented Manager, Polymeric Matrix Composites Development Group in East Hartford, CT.
Would you like to be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation? Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As a part of our team you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
As a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, we strive to find dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to contribute to a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
As the Associate Director of the Polymeric Matrix Composite (PMC) Development Group you are responsible for leading a group of engineers and technicians tasked with developing polymeric composites, sealants, adhesives, and coatings for use in aero gas turbine engines.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Setting technical direction, budget and schedule of all programs and coordinating development activities with other Engineering Integrated Product Teams;
- Contributing to the development of a corporate PMC application strategy that spans development to production transition;
- Work with internal and external customers to secure program funding aligned with the execution of our material development technology strategy;
- Supporting technology production transition, production process, and service problem resolution;
- Workforce planning, talent recruiting, and employee coaching and development;
- Leading our polymeric materials development laboratory and equipment and meeting all environmental health & safety and preventative maintenance requirements; and
- Proposing and executing capital improvements for the laboratories under his/her direction and driving ACE and Engineering Standard Work improvement activities.
- 10% travel
To be successful in this position, you should have the following experience:
- BS degree in Materials Science and Engineering, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Polymer Science with 10+ years’ experience leading staff while working with the application of polymeric materials in structural applications OR
- MS or PhD degree in Materials Science and Engineering, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Polymer Science with 8+ years’ experience leading staff while working with the application of polymeric materials in structural applications
- US citizen due to program requirements
- The ability to obtain a DoD security clearance is required
- Active DoD security clearance
- Experience in the development and selection of polymeric materials for aerospace
- Excellent Judgment and professional maturity
- The ability to create positive relationships and craft clear communication
The final Grade/Level for this position will be based on Qualifications and Experience
Our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms