AETP Deputy Program ManagerBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01317683 Date posted 05/20/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Are you looking to be a part of a fun, high performing and professionally engaging team? Are you qualified? We want you to join our family at Pratt & Whitney today, and fully realize your limitless potential. Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in aircraft engines and auxiliary power units. Pratt and Whitney is the global leader in crafting and developing state of the art turbine engines, like the Geared Turbofan™ for commercial and military aircraft. Headquartered in East Hartford, Connecticut, we have locations around the United States and across the world. We are a global leader in aviation propulsion and behind many of the major advances in both military and commercial engines. We design, manufacture and service aircraft engines, auxiliary and ground power units, and small turbojet propulsion products. The sky has no limits and flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you will help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
The Adaptive Engine Transition Program (AETP), located in East Hartford, CT has an immediate opening for an ambitious, adaptable, and engaging Deputy Program Manager. The AETP is Pratt & Whitney’s next generation fighter engine development program. The “transition” equates to bringing a full engine design from technology demonstration to “ready for low-risk entry into engineering and manufacturing development (EMD).” Our program is critical to maintain Pratt & Whitney's dominant position in the Military Engines market segment. This is a rare opportunity to join our team to play major leadership role in the USAF’s premier fighter engine development program.
- You will cultivate positive relationships internally and with our customers to achieve program success
- You will support the Program Manager in leading the program to cost, schedule and technical requirements, including application of earned value (EV) management and integrated master schedule (IMS) tools to meet program performance metrics
- You will act as Program Manager’s delegated authority to make program decisions with the Integrated Product Management Team (IPMT) as required
- You will serve as the secondary management point-of-contact with our customers throughout the program
- You will facilitate program communications with engineering, contracts, finance, security, & subcontract management team members
- You will identify program risks or opportunities and develops appropriate countermeasures
- You will prepare and present periodic program status reports to senior management and our customers
- You will author and submit program office contract deliverables, track & manage all contract deliverable deadlines and submittals
- You will contribute to business goals by applying advanced knowledge of project management
- You will develop, coach, and motivate others to perform
- You will work with marketing, engineering, product support, quality and operations organizations to develop winning management, technical, and cost proposals
- BA/BS required
- A degree in Science, Engineering, or Technical Degree preferred
- MA/MS with 6-9+ years of experience preferred
- 8+ years experience leading engineering or technical project teams
- 7+ years in Aerospace and Defense or other highly regulated industry
- 2+ years experience with defense contracting, EVMS, and Scheduling Tools
- The ability to obtain and maintain an active US Government Security Clearance due to special contracts and program requirements
- Project Management Certification
- Proven track record of leading/supporting development project(s) with significant scope
- Results-oriented leadership and project management skills
- Established ability to build collaborative relationships at all levels of an organization
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills required
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks with attention to detail - Ability to develop and present material to multi-functional teams
- Active US Government Security Clearance
EEO/AAP STATEMENT United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms