Account SpecialistBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01361729 Date posted 10/18/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt and Whitney is a world leader in aircraft engines, auxiliary power units, and turbo jets. Headquartered in East Hartford, Connecticut, the company has locations around the United States and globally. We are a worldwide leader in aviation propulsion and we are behind many of the major advances in both military and commercial engines. We design, manufacture and service aircraft engines, auxiliary and ground power units, and small turbojet propulsion products.
The P&W Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) & Turbojet (TJ) Business Unit has an immediate opening for a high-energy, analytical, and motivated Account Specialist. This role is responsible for all aspects of supplier relationships, including delivery, quality, cost, inventory, and customer focus. The Account Specialist role will require familiarity with small and large machined parts and/or forgings and castings, how they function, how they operate and the manufacturing processes associated with these commodities.
The APU Supply Chain team works closely with suppliers to ensure we deliver affordable, high-quality parts that meet our customer's dynamic needs. Our team fosters an internal environment that flourishes with utilization of the United Technologies Corporation operating system, while maintaining supplier relationships to ensure they meet our quality and performance standards.
If you have excellent analytical skills and can build efficient working relationships across the many P&W functional groups, this may be the opportunity you're looking for!
- Lead purchase order execution and product delivery, ensuring placement of timely schedule agreements, billing adjustments, terminations mitigation and cost reduction goals execution
- Align with the P&W Procurement Manual, GSC Standard Work, and UTC Code of Ethics, International Trade Compliance, and Transition Standard Work (TSW)
- Engage with the relevant Strategic Sourcing team and participate in long-term sourcing decisions
- Will interact with Regional Office personnel such as Delivery Assurance Specialists, Supplier Quality Assurance Representatives (SQAR’s), MCL, ESA, Continuous Improvement Specialists, and the GWS “Buyers & Planners” providing procurement and materials management for the commodities
- Ensure GWS’s quotation, cost analysis/price justification, market share appropriations, and placement of schedule agreements are completed on-time and in compliance with all appropriate regulations & procedures
- Foster active daily use of the Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) operating system through ACE tool usage to improve EH&S, quality, delivery, financial, employee engagement, and customer satisfaction
- Actively drive Supplier Gold by participating in supplier improvement activities and Critical Supplier Reviews (CSR’s)
- Travel may be up to 20%
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience in supply chain, material/logistics, operations management or general business
- US Citizenship due to government contracts
- Aerospace Industry experience
- Master's Degree; Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain or Manufacturing/Operations
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to work in a global supply chain
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Office programs functionality
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to communicate throughout all executive and non-executive levels of the organization
- Strong follow-through and project management skills
- Experience as a day-to-day user of SAP, entering transactions and running reports
- Strong customer focus experience with a focus on business results
- Self-starter with flexible roles and responsibilities, limited formal training and firm deliverables
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms