Account Specialist- HSMC Raw MaterialsBusinesses PRATT & WHITNEY Job ID 77856BR Date posted 12/07/2018 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country US
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated Account Specialists to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for. Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? You will be part of a rare, evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of engines on the market. As part of this dynamic team, you will help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
Do you have the experience to join our Team?
The role of Account Specialist is both exciting & challenging and is located in E. Hartford. This position is in- Hot Section Module Center - Raw Material and requires exceptional analytical skills & the ability to build efficient working relationships across the many P&W functional groups; Quality, Materials, Continuous Improvement, Production Readiness, Engineering, Material Control Lab, ESA, Global Work Share (GWS) and multiple suppliers. Strong interpersonal skills, specifically conversational, email, telephone, & occasional presentation, are desired. Delighting customers, by providing timely and accurate updates via the most desired communication means, is essential. The commodity this role will be specializing in is both Production and Development Investment Airfoil Castings. You will be responsible for supplier relationships, including delivery and quality performance, cost and inventory management, leading indicator & WIP tracking reviews and customer satisfaction. You will lead purchase order execution and product delivery, ensuring placement of on-time schedule agreements, billing adjustments, terminations mitigation & cost reduction goals execution. As an Account Specialist, you’ll be responsible to Responsibilities include:
- Ensure GWS’s quotation, cost analysis/price justification, market share appropriations, & placement of schedule agreements are completed on-time & in compliance with all appropriate regulations & procedures.
- Reducing all forms of quality & delivery turnbacks through weekly QCPC / MRP turnback meetings.
- Implement effective Delivery/Quality Clinics (DQC’s) with suppliers, as required. You will attend and support Vendor Corrective Action Board (VCAB) meetings to resolve quality issues, & attend & support Business Reviews (BR’s) focused on supplier performance and development, & Purchasing Operation Review’s (POR's) to communicate efforts that reduce product cost.
- Drive active daily use of the ACE operating system through ACE tool usage to improve EH&S, quality, delivery, financial, employee engagement, and customer satisfaction. Actively drive Supplier Gold by participating in supplier improvement activities, & Critical Supplier Reviews (CSR’s).
- US Citizen due to government contracts
- Travel requirements vary between 10% - 20% annually.
Education / Certifications
- 5+ years supply management/Operations experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, or Operations
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools
- Energetic self-starter
- Working knowledge in SAP
- Possess excellent judgment and professional maturity
- Ability to craft clear communications
- Bachelors Degree Required
- Masters Degree Preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.