2nd Shift Production MachinistBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01329262 Date posted 06/25/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
The sky has no limits.
At Pratt & Whitney, we believe flight is an engine for human progress, an instrument to rise above boundaries, connect people, grow economies and help protect the world. Together with our partners, we work with an explorer’s heart. The magnitude of flight requires dependable teams that deliver the highest quality products and services. Every day, we rise to that challenge with state-of-the-art engines that carry people reliability to their destinations, service guides who provide the care and intelligence to keep aircraft flying, and generations of innovators working together to transform aviation.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
We are looking for Production Machinists 2nd shift to support our East Hartford, CT location.
Job Summary -
- Setup, operate, and perform work where methods, procedures and processes are well-developed and the required tooling, gauging and machines are provided
- Follow established methods and procedures, use manual or numerically controlled machine tools such as milling, boring, grinding, turning, broaching and shaping machines to achieve the required dimensional specifications
- Perform bench, assembly, and surface finishing operations such as deburring, blending, trimming and fitting, using hand and power tools
- Follow prescribed methods and procedures to perform drilling, riveting, and bonding operations to assemble various details in producing a finished part
- Operate tumbling, grit blast, shot peen, buffing and polishing equipment, wash machines and dip tanks for part surface conditioning. Apply masking as required. Perform applications of anti-gall and polymite coatings utilizing dry bake ovens to cure
- Utilize a variety of fixed or variable measuring instruments to check dimensions and part features
- High School Diploma/GED
- 6+ months previous work experience using CNC machines
- U.S. citizenship required due to government contracts
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and basic computer controls.
- Previous experience in Aerospace/ Military Aircraft manufacturing setting.
- Ability to read and write English.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Experience using precision measuring equipment such as micrometers and calipers.
- Graduation from Machining Program
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms