Senior Systems AdministratorBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01345326 Date posted 10/09/2019 City Danbury State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HCT04: ISR Systems - Danbury 100 Wooster Heights Rd, Danbury, CT, 06810 USA
Come join a company where what you do makes a difference. For over 50 years, Collins Aerospace in Danbury, CT has forged groundbreaking technologies that have pushed the limits of physics, engineered the impossible, and provided actionable intelligence to keep our Armed Forces and nation safe. We are dedicated to helping you grow your career by using all your talents, insights and experiences in a welcoming team environment. Collaborating with world class experts, you will have the opportunity to develop innovative solutions in fulfillment of our customers’ requirements. We believe in our mission and we believe in supporting our employees. We offer policies and programs that provide opportunities for continual learning, career growth and work/life balance along with a full suite of health and welfare benefits. Bring your passion, commitment and curiosity and come grow with us as together we work to make our world a safer place.
This position is for an Seasoned professional in IT Infrastructure who works independently to support IT infrastructure projects, the development of reports outlining IT infrastructure issues, IT equipment installations, analyses focused on infrastructure updates and enhancements, and network interface planning activities.
• Responsible for acting independently to address routine to difficult activities involving the coordination of and planning for the IT architecture of an assigned area.
• Helps to manage single components or select phases of IT infrastructure projects.
• Assists with the development of reports for business unit or department leaders regarding the effectiveness of the current infrastructure.
• Supports the installation of operating systems, network and application software, and computer and network hardware.
• Conducts and summarizes the results of cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in systems selection and implementation decisions.
• Coordinates the communication between engineers and end users regarding system capabilities and constraints and end user system requirements and difficulties.
• Confers with systems analysts to help define and resolve difficult systems programming and systems integration issues.
• May assist with routine network interface planning activities.
• Responsible for the planning, design, implementation and operations of infrastructure and cloud services in support of United Technologies Digital strategies.
• Infrastructure services are responsible for delivering world class innovative and reliable solutions across applications hosting, server/storage, connectivity, unified communications and the employee experience within UTC.
• Cloud is a major focus for the future of UTxD and are defined as the development, configuration, engineering and automated delivery of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS services across the enterprise.
• The Cloud Business Office (CBO) acts as the center of excellence in support of helping the business units quickly realize the benefits of the cloud.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience.In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Due to government contract requirements, sole US Citizenship, and not dual citizenship with another country, is required.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms