Manufacturing Engineer, CNC ProductionBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01332185 Date posted 07/16/2019 City Danbury State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HCT04: ISR Systems - Danbury 100 Wooster Heights Rd, Danbury, CT, 06810 USA
We at Mission Systems, a division of Collins Aerospace, are world leaders in high reliability, space-based, electro-optical systems, providing intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance capabilities that are critical to our nation’s security.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer, CNC Production at our Danbury, CT facility.
In this role you will be part of the Optical Manufacturing team which is responsible for producing precision optics and optical assemblies. As an experienced CNC / Production Engineer, you will be part of a team which includes opticians, metrologists, machinists, technicians, technologists and engineers. This position will expose you to various optical manufacturing assignments supporting multiple business units. The core of the assignment is to provide standardization to CNC programming techniques, protocols, data storage and efficiencies through the employment of best industry practices. Major duties include manufacture of optics as well as evaluation and refinement of existing CNC practices. Work with Data Management and Information Assurance to establish appropriate protocols for file and data management in support of the CNC group.
Specifically, your role will be to:
• Define and develop CNC manufacturing programs and process work instructions
• Incorporate tool changing, onboard tough probe and metrology into existing production work cell
• Manufacturing high precision optics on CNC manufacturing equipment in accordance with manufacturing documentation, process documentation and technical requirements
• Develop manufacturing processes on CNC machinery (e.g., grinders, polishers, multi-axis machining centers, etc.)
• Serve as a subject matter expert concerning new manufacturing acquisitions
• Identify problems and recommend solutions on a variety of the more complex CNC / manufacturing issues
• Draw upon your experience and knowledge of machine control and programming to improve processes and identify opportunities to enhance product quality and increasing efficiency
• Work in partnership with Optical Methods Engineers with process refinements and enhancements
• Incorporate lean manufacturing principles and tools
Associates or Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience in a manufacturing or technical area
• 5+ years of relevant experience in CAD/CAM programming and CNC manufacturing.
• Thorough understanding of various machine control systems, also GD&T
• Ability to follow manufacturing instructions in the production of optics and optical assemblies
• Ability to apply basic manufacturing skills in the production, inspection and test of optics and optical product
• Proficiency with technical information (e.g., blueprints, process specifications and instructions)
• Ability to track critical machine parameters and implement changes for enhancing productivity and product yield
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Must have basic computer skills
MUST BE A US CITIZEN AND HOLD A CURENT US DoD CLEARANCE OR BE ABLE TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN A CLEARANCE
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this linkto read the Policy and Terms