Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)Businesses UTC AEROSPACE SYSTEMS Job ID 74435BR Date posted 12/06/2018 City Danbury State Connecticut Country US
Do you have what it takes to push the boundaries of game-changing technologies, deliver results while working with a diverse team of talented individuals, and challenge yourself knowing that what we do matters to the Warfighter?
If you want to help make our world a safer place – in space, in the air, on the ground, in the sea – the ISR & Space Systems team is the place for you. Every day we support critical missions of warfighters and astronauts with cutting-edge vision, reconnaissance and life-support systems. Our mission is their success.Are you Mission Ready? This job is for you!
Our Danbury CT facility has a critical opening for an Information Systems Security Officer/Information Assurance Officer.Duties will encompass hands-on execution and oversight of program and security compliance directives including:
- creation and implementation of Standard Operation Procedures
- certification & accreditation of computer systems under the Risk Management Framework
- training/education for co-workers and employees
- system audits
- system maintenance
- prepare for and lead internal/external agency and customer compliance audits
- lead/support emergency response/operational maintenance
You will be required to possess and maintain various accesses and clearances.
Minimum of Security + Cert is required - BS Degree in Computer Science/Information Systems - CISCO Network Cert is a plus
We are seeking a qualified candidate with:
- Minimum of 2-5 years of performing ISSM and/or ISSO task
- Previous or current Defense Contractor or equivalent Military Systems Admin experience and familiarity with NISPOM, ICD, NIST 800-171, NIST 800-53, JSIG and DISA STIGs
- Ability to work independently
- Strong analytical skills coupled with the ability to develop strategy
- Innovative thinker. Results oriented. Change agent.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
MUST BE A US CITIZEN AND HOLD A CURENT US DoD CLEARANCE OR BE ABLE TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN A CLEARANCE
Must have a BS Degree in a related field such as Business, Management, Information Systems, etc.
- A Security+ Certification is required and a CISSP Certification is preferred. A Cisco Network Certification would be a plus.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.