We are currently searching for a Technical Project Manager to join our team in Crawley .
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics - Information Management Services (IMS) Division advances information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely.
Within the IMS Commercial Aviation and Networks Solutions (CANS) Business Unit we connect aviation community stakeholders and airlines with intelligent data service solutions to enable the connected aviation ecosystem. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? We are currently searching for a Technical Project Manager to join our team in Crawley.
As part of the Project Delivery Team the role reports to the CANS EMEA Manager of Project Delivery and is responsible for implementation projects of the CANS service portfolio. The position requires extremely close collaboration with the CANS Program Management & Support Team to ensure the highest standard of customer service, as well all matrix organizations including Product Line Managers, Sales, Annapolis ARINC GLOBALinkSM Implementation & Engineering, Finance, Legal and Contracts for the successful delivery of the projects.
- Accountability and ownership of the allocated projects to determine and define clear deliverables, roles and responsibilities for team members required for specific projects or initiatives.
- Develop and implement detailed Project Plans, Test Plans, Resource Plans and other project documentation as specifically required for each project.
- Apply project management skills and techniques, e.g. team leading, multi-tasking and financial awareness to deliver high quality projects.
- Assign and oversee the daily tasks of technical personnel while ensuring all subordinates are actively working toward established milestones.
- Provide input for costing and resource estimates to the Bids and Proposals team.
- Maintain project documentation in accordance with ARINC ISO standards. Provide regular project updates/presentation to Management.
- Hold / participate in regular business stakeholder meetings and update on project statuses to both internal management and customers.
- Support the Air Navigation Service Provider Product Line Manager on product roadmap that defines future development and investment. Must integrate with strategic and financial plan.
- Conduct quarterly and annual strategy reviews (must involve key stakeholders across the company from Avionics, Strategy, etc.).
- Coordinate with and agree timely resourcing with the Project Delivery Manager for the delivery of services and projects for the Commercial Aviation Business.
- Close collaboration with your peers in charge of the Americas and Asia Pacific Commercial Programs.
- Identify critical issues, or gaps in the service offering that could impede the continued success/growth and implement plans to fix them.
- Support regional market activities such as trade shows, conferences, training and public relations.
- Cultivates and maintains relationships. Builds cooperation and trust in teams.
- Initiative: Directs initiatives and is accountable to act on opportunities.
- Responsible for identifying, managing, and reporting on annual Capital Expenditure Planning Requirements.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in a (Technical) Project manager role or related field.
- Demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, strategies and methods, Professional Project Management Certification from accredited intuition preferred.
- Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills with a track record of following through on commitments and delivering successful projects.
- Strong organizational, communication (written and verbal) and administrative skills
- Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project);
- Customer oriented attitude
- Managing intercultural implementation teams
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills & excellent documentation skills.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
- Out of the box, critical and problem-solving thinker
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other protected status.
Provides project management expertise by planning, organizing, directing, and coordinating functional department activities to achieve cost, schedule, and performance requirements.
- Projects Budget: $50K-$100K.
- Matrix Subordinates: Exempt: 3-7, Non-Exempt: 2-4.
- Provides project management expertise for single medium-sized or several intermediate-sized projects. On strategic projects, may have more senior team members but potentially smaller staff size and/or partially loan subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Projects span multiple locations and subcontractors as required. May develop and captures new business. Is senior location Project Management representative or major company rep to customer community.
- Supervises project(s) and/or the unit work force. Accountable for equipment and systems.
- Directs internal communications. Plans, organizes, directs, and coordinates functional department activities to achieve cost, schedule, and performance requirements. Participates with project team to ensure the utilization of appropriate solutions to meet the customer's requirements. Champions change to align organization with customer strategies.
- Has prime responsibility for schedule, performance, & cost attainment. Plans, schedules, assigns, and controls work within the unit. Takes all possible actions to avoid or minimize problem areas. Anticipates and avoids problems and if necessary, revises project plans as permitted by policy and project requirements.
- Presents proposals, status reports, EAC letters, and customer status though division management and group.
- May estimate, review and/or approve costs.
- Thorough understanding of Project Management through experience to expand sales and maximize profits.
- Demonstrates leadership skills.
- Results oriented with ability to communicate effectively with all levels of company and customers.
- Individual job duties may vary.
Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience