Facilities SpecialistBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 17505 Date posted 11/08/2019 City Crawley State West Sussex Country United Kingdom
Requisition ID: 17505
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Collins Aerospace is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
Collins Aerospace, Information Management Services Business Unit is looking to appoint a Facilities Specialist for its UK Facilities. These facilities consist of a primary Regional HQ in Crawley, West Sussex with sub regional offices in Brighton and Ilkeston.
Provide input for the strategic and effective planning, utilisation and development of IMS Facilities across the UK. Supervise contractors who construct, maintain and repair utilities systems, buildings and equipment. Manage the maintenance and repair of plant equipment, building and grounds.
Ensure the safe operation of the business and advise on facilities improvements. Oversee the space management for all international sites. Advise on site selections and site fitments.
Actively promote the companies policy of providing a safe place to work for employees and visitors.
The Facilities Regional Specialist will:
• Allocating and managing space within buildings
• Manage building maintenance activities
• Coordinating cleaning, catering and parking services
• Ensure that ES&H programs in place to address business risks and opportunities.
• Inspect, test, monitor, and evaluate equipment and systems
• Perform maintenance and operations activities for electrical, mechanical, fire/life safety systems.
• Manage and coordinate routine electrical, mechanical, fire/life safety and facility related preventative maintenance activities performed by outside vendors.
• Ensure planned maintenance programs for building systems are scheduled and completed in a timely manner.
• Ensure that all services provided excel in performance standards and meet all company expectations.
• Prepare critical updates and status reports for supervisors.
• Provide project management and construction administration for facility projects.
• Coordinate with engineers, construction managers, contractors, and users, as appropriate.
• Perform EH&S Safety Training for sites as necessary
● Qualification in Facilities Management
● Educated to A ‘Level/GCSE standard minimum.
● Good word processing skills including Word and Excel
● Proven previous working experience of Facilities in a similar industry or role.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other protected status.