Environmental, Safety and Health SpecialistBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 17503 Date posted 11/08/2019 City Crawley State West Sussex Country United Kingdom
Requisition ID: 17503
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Collins Aerospace is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Environmental Safety and Health Specialist to join our team in Crawley, UK. At Collins Aerospace, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Collins Aerospace training, networking and mentoring.
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
- Providing Regional coverage for EMEA locations
- Responsible to ensure, at a minimum, company compliance with existing, new and emerging federal, state and international environmental, health and safety (EH&S) regulations. This requires the knowledge and technical expertise to develop and deploy EH&S policies, systems, programs and processes. The scope of a position may include site specific, regional or Enterprise wide sites.
- Technical knowledge of EH&S processes and procedures and the ability to apply those processes and implement improvements to established procedures.
- Basic application of methods and techniques for hazard identification, hazard evaluation, risk assessment and control.
- Conducts regulatory review and impact analysis for sites and work scope. Initiates process changes as needed.
- Conducts full site inspections and participates in compliance audits.
- Collects, manages and maintains data records. Compiles/ prepares reports and permit applications; analyses for trends.
- Contributes to EH&S teams and committees.
- Develops and manages a local annual training plan, to include documentation and recordkeeping based on an assessment of requirements. Contributes to training program development and conducts EH&S training events.
- Develops solutions to a variety of problems. Refers to policies and practices for guidance.
- Assists with written and spoken internal and external communication. May help prepare reports, respond to surveys, develop and maintain documents, and contribute to collaboration websites.
- Participate in process and information management mapping. Help investigate and resolve problems with process, tools and applications.
Must Have Requirements:
- Degree in occupational safety & health, industrial hygiene or an equivalent discipline, or extensive working experience in the relevant field.
Our team is looking for a self-motivated, confident, and influential EH&S Specialist to help us create an environment where everyone is engaged in EH&S. A professional that can solve complex problems and make people's lives safer, healthier and more enjoyable.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other protected status.