Shop Floor CoordinatorBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01287970 Date posted 01/19/2019 City Columbus State Georgia Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? We have an opportunity for a Shop Floor Coordinator at our Columbus, Ga location.
Do you wish you could put your materials experience to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do; this is part of our success in the Aerospace Industry.
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most advanced commercial and military turbine engines, is seeking talented Shop Floor Coordinator to join our organization. This position is within Pratt & Whitney’s Columbus, GA based manufacturing Quality organization.
- Shop Floor Coordinator is a Materials Team Member Perform diversified, logistical duties of a complex nature in coordinating the activities of material process associated throughout shipping/receiving tasks; or analytical duties to resolve complex and diversified problems related to material functions.
- You provide logistical support to material management groups in their analysis of data related to lead times, scheduling, inventory, and procurement of parts and materials.
- You coordinate with Engineering, Purchasing, and other groups involved to resolve problems, and make special arrangement for unusual situations in order to meet program schedules and goals.
- You oversee operation of vertical lift exceeding heights of 10ft and a standard fork-lift.
- You analyze and interpret the numerous methods and techniques of shipping/receiving process, making recommendations to avoid problems or eliminate difficulties.
- Willingness to adapt to technical/operational changes to include being present until shipping/receiving duties are complete.
- Provide logistical support to accommodate demands of customer and/or vendor.
- Responsible for the completion of Key Job Requirement and other tasks related to this position as assigned by management.
- Represent respective organization at various meeting to report on status of programs and participate in plans pertaining to new programs.
- Follow all rules and guidelines in relation to ITC/ITAR and EH&S.
- Support ACE and continuous improvement.
- You will work 2nd shift
To be successful in this position, you should have the following experience:
- You have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- You are a US Citizen due to program requirements
- You have 3+ years of experience
- High-energy, flexible, ethical, creative, eager to learn and possess a positive attitude.
- Possess good people and communication skills within a team environment to expedite product through process in order to meet customer demand.
- Advanced usability of Microsoft Office – Strong computer capability
- Knowledge of ACE, ITC/ITAR and EH&S
- Forklift experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms