Off Shift MCL - MPC Technical Team MemberBusinesses PRATT & WHITNEY Job ID 67898BR Date posted 06/13/2018 City Columbus State Georgia Country US
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you wish you could put your Machining experience to better use? If you are ready of a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do, this is part of our success in the Aerospace Industry.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? We have an opportunity for an MCL Machining Team Member at our Columbus, Ga location.
A team member at this level is expected to set up and operate equipment, lend expertise to resolving process problems, perform the less complicated work on tools and dies, perform periodic preventive maintenance checks and less complicated repairs. Requires the know how to deburr parts, clean parts, read process sheets, use and read gauges, make minor machine moves, as well as, being familiar with the characteristics of the product. This position requires a mechanical and technical aptitude and an ability to follow work instructions. Comply with all environmental, health, and safety requirement.
- You will set up and operate process equipment in an assigned area.
- You will set up and operate basic machine tools to repair, make minor alterations and make the less complicated tooling.
- You will need to read and understand blueprints and work from written and verbal instructions.
- You will perform basic shop mathematics and use basic measurement instruments.
- We service and repair equipment associated with the area where problems are identified.
- You will assist in the development of other team members.
- We perform administrative tasks such as complete MRP and status of work in process, conduct safety meetings, order tools and supplies, etc.
- You will perform any aspect of work in assigned area to improve personal development.
- We perform unrelated duties as may be necessary to support the needs of the facility.
- We perform job in compliance with all environmental, health, and safety rules, procedures and policies.
- Craft clear communication
Follow all Environmental Health & Safety rules and guidelines. Support Achieving Competence Excellence and continuous improvement. Possess good people and social skills.
- Minimum One year experience in a quality/manufacturing environment
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and quality procedures
- Possess exceptional people and interpersonal skills.
Overtime may be needed and must be willing to work an alternate workweek, as demand requires. Be able to work in a team environment. Be able to handle multi-tasking duties. You will be required to successfully pass annual vision screening.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to create a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Employee Resource Groups:
The 9 ERGs have a collective mission of supporting P&W's recruitment, development and retention efforts through workshops, and events that promote personal/professional development, employee engagement, community involvement and business value.
- All ERGs are open to all UTC employees, participation is voluntary
- ERGs strive to provide short and long-term professional and personal benefits to their members
- There are many other employee organizations at P&W, often more recreational in nature (e.g. jazz band and bicycling club).
We’re known for moving the world forward – building machines that run for hours, days and weeks without pause. But, people aren’t machines. This year, UTC updated the vacation policy to provide more vacation time sooner. As soon as you start your role, you are eligible for 15 paid vacation days each of your first 9 years. This increases to 20 days years 10 through 19, and 25 days after 20 years of service.
Birth and Parental leave:
As a mother or father you have time off options to consider while caring for and bonding with your child. UTC employees also enjoy up to 8 paid weeks of birth and adoption leave and 4 paid weeks for parental leave.
Employee Scholar Program:
We are celebrating the 20th anniversary of the ESP. We believe that individual and corporate success is motivated by lifelong learning; we enable employees to continue their higher education. We want to have the best-educated workforce in the world. ESP is one of the most comprehensive company-sponsored employee education programs in the world. More than 45,000 employees have earned more than 38,000 degrees.
- Minimum 6 months machine operating experience
- High school diploma or GED
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.