InspectorBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01318030 Date posted 05/15/2019 City Columbus State Georgia Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a talented Jet Engine Mechanic Inspector to be based in Columbus, Ga.
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered
A team member at this level is expected to perform Inspector duties at Columbus Engine Center Plant 1. You will perform mechanic duties to Inspect, disassemble and assemble engines, engine sections and accessories. Excellent interpersonal, planning and organizational skills are needed for a team oriented environment. This position requires a mechanical and technical aptitude and an ability to follow work instructions. Comply with all environmental, health, and safety requirement.
- You will perform engine disassembly/assembly
- You will perform mechanic duties to disassemble and assemble engines, engine sections and accessories.
- You will clean - Perform cleaning of engine parts and components
- You will inspect engines, engine sections, accessories and component parts to determine serviceability and reparability.
- You will demonstrate dedication to the EH&S and continuous improvement programs by following all policies and procedures, completing all required training, and supporting all applicable committee activities.
- SAP and Solumina familiarity.
- Positive Relationships
- You will perform all tasks at the highest level of safety awareness
Education / Certifications
- High school graduate or GED
- High school graduate or GED
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts
- 6 months plus Inspection experience, technical training, military training experience, or completion of Completion of A&P License
- A&P License or two years relevant experience preferred.
- Turbine engine overhaul, and repair experience preferred in one or more of the following disciplines: Disassembly, Assembly.
- Ability to identify and resolve configuration and compatibility issues.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- FAA Safety Sensitive Position
- Willing to work all shifts
- Craft clear communication
- Analytical Skills
- Creative troubleshooting skills
- Possess excellent judgement and professional maturity
- Possess exceptional people and interpersonal skills.
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms