Blades Manufacturing Continuous Improvement LeaderBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01339990 Date posted 08/01/2019 City Columbus State Georgia Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney
- Columbus Forge Blades, a recognized leader in producing airfoils for the aerospace propulsion market, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you would like to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to incorporate new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity for you!
- Utilize a data driven approach to identify and facilitate continuous improvement events and problem solving activities to improve quality, cost, delivery and efficiency performance metrics
- Coach team members on Lean Six Sigma / Green Belt methodologies and structured problem solving methodologies to ensure development of sustainable improvements.
- Identifying projects related to cost reduction, quality improvement and/or productivity improvement
- Developing manufacturing processes in conjunction with process owners that are applicable to best manufacturing practices and developing those techniques.
- Lead problem solving teams and kaizen events in order to improve operating performance
- Lead and execute process improvement initiatives including improved process methods, process controls, and practices to improve operating performance
- Drive partnership with Part Family Engineering, Process and Quality Engineering teams through continuous improvement journey
- Contributing to Visual Management & Control, Layout, Flow & Linkage and Standard Work according to the UTC operating system, Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE)
- Using innovative problem solving methods and creative solutions
- Monitoring and analyzing turn backs to develop corrective actions
- Supporting the Process Certification process
- Periodic travel required (<10%)
Education / Certifications
- Associates Degree required
- BS or MS Degree preferred
- Associate’s degree minimum 7+ years of experience in Manufacturing, Operations or Continuous Improvements
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's degree and 5+ years of experience in Manufacturing, Operations or Continuous Improvements
- Demonstrated project management experience with excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of thermal processing of super alloys, robotics, heat treat, conventional and non-conventional machining techniques is a plus
- Experience with Process/Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Ability to work and interact with all levels of an organization
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Reliability, willingness to learn, attention to detail.
- Candidates should be self-starters and able to work with minimal direction
- Ability to data mine through multiple information systems
- Statistical Process Control required DMAIC, Process Certification, UPPAP, Six Sigma preferred
- Ability to work with CAD tools, and create engineering blue prints using ASME Y14.5
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Access and Visio with experience in Project
- Ability to work in a safe manner within the Aerospace Manufacturing Environment
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles, experience with Kaizen events or experience with a continuous improvement program (ACE, 6S, VSM, 3P, etc.)
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification
- Experience in manufacturing and non-manufacturing process improvements
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms