3rd Shift MCL Technical Team MemberBusinesses PRATT & WHITNEY Job ID 67780BR Date posted 06/13/2018 City Columbus State Georgia Country US
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you wish you could put your Technical experience to better use? If you are ready of a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do; this is part of our success in the Aerospace Industry.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? We have an opportunity for an MCL Technical Team Member at our Columbus, Ga location.
A team member at this level is expected to perform duties within Columbus Forge Material Control Lab (MCL). The person accepting this job will first train under MCL subject matter experts and learn how to assemble test results, apply testing and update (ADR’s) Alloy Data Records.
- Do you have knowledge of SAP, (UGA) United Georgia Applications, (LIMS) Laboratory Management Information system, Solumina, and (MRP) Major Rotating Parts?
- You will maintain Heat Treat Records and Blanket Test Reports (BTR) packages
- Do you have knowledge of material testing and quality control testing? This will be important for this position.
- Are you proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and quality procedures
- Possess exceptional people and interpersonal skills
- Positive Relationships
- Possess excellent judgement and professional maturity
- Craft clear communication
- Analytical Skills
- Minimum two-year associate’s degree or work related experience preferred
- Creative troubleshooting skills
We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to create a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Employee Resource Groups:
The 9 ERGs have a collective mission of supporting P&W's recruitment, development and retention efforts through workshops, and events that promote personal/professional development, employee engagement, community involvement and business value.
- All ERGs are open to all UTC employees, participation is voluntary
- ERGs strive to provide short and long-term professional and personal benefits to their members
- There are many other employee organizations at P&W, often more recreational in nature (e.g. jazz band and bicycling club).
We’re known for moving the world forward – building machines that run for hours, days and weeks without pause. But, people aren’t machines. This year, UTC updated the vacation policy to provide more vacation time sooner. As soon as you start your role, you are eligible for 15 paid vacation days each of your first 9 years. This increases to 20 days years 10 through 19, and 25 days after 20 years of service.
Birth and Parental leave:
As a mother or father you have time off options to consider while caring for and bonding with your child. UTC employees also enjoy up to 8 paid weeks of birth and adoption leave and 4 paid weeks for parental leave.
Employee Scholar Program:
We are celebrating the 20th anniversary of the ESP. We believe that individual and corporate success is motivated by lifelong learning; we enable employees to continue their higher education. We want to have the best-educated workforce in the world. ESP is one of the most comprehensive company-sponsored employee education programs in the world. More than 45,000 employees have earned more than 38,000 degrees.
- Minimum of six months of Data entry experience
- High school diploma or GED
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.