3rd Shift Maintenance Team MemberBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01348559 Date posted 09/05/2019 City Columbus State Georgia Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a talented Maintenance Team Member to be based in Columbus, Ga.
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered
A team member at this level will perform corrective/preventative maintenance on equipment as required; perform corrective/preventative facility maintenance. Troubleshoot equipment and facility problems and make necessary repairs either from experience or with the aid of technical manuals, wiring diagrams, blueprints, etc. Operate common maintenance equipment, tools, and testing devices to include but not limited to, common hand tools, multi-meter, prestolite torch, power tools, tap & die sets, etc. Collaborate with equipment manufactures/vendors on repair of equipment. This position requires a mechanical and technical aptitude and an ability to follow work instructions. Comply with all environmental, health, and safety requirement.
- Repairing, service and/or calibrate complex electronic and electrical systems utilizing hardwired or computerized controls, power distribution systems, instrumentation and a variety of other electrical and electronic equipment.
- You will work from drawings, service manuals when available and a description of the way the equipment acted in troubleshooting
- We make tests and repair equipment comprised of electronic, electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic components.
- You will use test instruments such as oscilloscopes, recorders, and digital measuring equipment to identify faulty circuits and resolve problems.
- You will replace or substitute devices such as amplifiers, logic cards, memory units, feedback devices, high voltage switches, printed circuit boards and make necessary adjustments.
- We perform related duties as may be necessary to support the needs of the business.
- Demonstrate dedication to the EH&S and continuous improvement programs by aligning with all policies and procedures, completing all required training, and supporting all applicable committee activities.
- Positive Relationships
Education / Certifications
- High school graduate or GED
- High school graduate or GED
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Minimum 6 months manufacturing maintenance experience, or Vocational training or 1 plus years electrical experience.
- Vocational Training preferred
- Craft clear communication
- Analytical Skills
- Creative troubleshooting skills
- Possess excellent judgment and professional maturity
- Possess exceptional people and interpersonal skills.
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms