2nd Shift Production Business Unit Manager - Columbus Engine Center, GABusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01349396 Date posted 09/05/2019 City Columbus State Georgia Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you’ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation; one full of career opportunities and the chance to chip in and grow in a variety of ways.
Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. You will help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while molding and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
We have an explorer’s heart along with your grit to build jet engines that turn potential into reality. We enable passenger planes to soar quietly over our cities and power jets as nimble as birds to defend our freedom.
Alongside developing technologies that challenge the status quo, we’ve built an environment where each and every employee is valued.
We're fueled by people that bring passion, partnership and leadership to everything they do – at work or in the community.
At the Columbus Engine Center (CEC), we are focused on providing a best-in-class customer experience and delivering the best engines safely, on-time, and on quality.
Quality is personal! People’s lives and safety depend on the quality of our products. From the child flying for the first time to the men and women who save our lives – what we do matters, every single day!
As the Business Unit Manager (BUM) reporting to the Engine Center Operations Manager, you'll lead all operations related to jet engine disassembly, inspection, repair, assembly, test, and shipping on 2nd shift, Monday - Thursday.
This rare opportunity gives you an opportunity to run an entire business from engine induction to engine ship.
You will work with the BUMs from Gate 1, Gate 2, and Gate 3 to meet expectations of engines in progress.
You'll use your proven leadership skills of corporate initiatives promoting safety, continuous improvement, diversity, ethical behavior, employee engagement, and career development, we want you to join our team!
Are you a self-starter who thrives in a dynamic environment? If yes, we would love to hear from you!
Your responsibilities include:
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels for the 2nd shift workforce, both hourly and salary, and provide leadership necessary to address continuous improvement, bring together efficiencies, and increase productivity
- Manage and coach operations’ cell leaders supervising hourly employees within a cellular environment across all 3 Gates
- Make certain all production activity meets established quality standards and cost estimates; lead analysis and development of processes, performance metrics, and trends to drive increased performance and production cycle time
- Collaborate with Quality, Materials, Finance, and Engineering to support integrated value stream solutions
- Build a responsive and flexible culture where cross training and teamwork
- Aid in the development of budgets, forecasts, succession planning, and strategic development
- Direct the justification and acquisition of capital equipment
- Maintain harmonious employee relations in a non-union environment
- Address performance issues
- Support Pratt & Whitney and UTC EH&S policies and procedures and actively support continuous improvement initiatives motivated by the ACE operating system
- Bachelor's degree with at least 8 years OR an Advanced degree and 6 + years of experience in a leadership role within operations/engineering
- Experience in the aviation industry
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms