2nd Shift Customer Service Manager - Columbus Georgia Engine Center - Pratt & WhitneyBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01385551 Date posted 02/03/2020 City Columbus State Georgia Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
(Second Shift) Customer Account Manager P3
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. You will help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while molding and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
The sky has no limits.
We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everyone’s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
You’ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation; one full of career opportunities and the chance to chip in and grow in a variety of ways.
We have an explorer’s heart along with your grit to build jet engines that turn potential into reality. We enable passenger planes to soar quietly over our cities and power jets as nimble as birds to defend our freedom.
We are fueled by people that bring passion, partnership and leadership to everything they do – at work or in the community.
For us at the Columbus Engine Center (CEC), we are focused on providing a best-in-class customer experience and delivering the best engines safely, on-time, and with flawless quality. Our customers are at the core of our business and the Customer Service organization plays a meaningful role, both internally and externally. We provide support for both commercial and military customers by developing key relationships and ensuring the organization upholds that excellent customer experience.
Quality is personal! People’s lives and safety depend on the quality of our products. From the child flying for the first time to the men and women who save our lives – what we do matters, every single day!
This is a rare opportunity for you to join our extraordinary customer service team at our large state of the art Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) facility in Columbus, GA.
Are you a self-starter who thrives in a dynamic environment? If yes, we would love to hear from you!
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Provide in-house day-to-day customer operational support, working in conjunction with day shift peers to resolve CS issues, manage engines shop visits and horizontally align with functional teams.
- Handle the flow of communication between the Customers and CEC
- Plan and assist customer on-site visits to meet company policies and regulations
- Execute Gate 0 (pre-induction) planning and deliverables
- Collaborate on a regular basis with key departments: Operations, Engineering, Quality, Finance, Supply Chain
- Meet time-sensitive deadlines and solve daily challenges with minimal oversight
- Collaborate with site personnel to ensure compliance to all corporate policies
- Work assigned projects related to engine production turn time reduction or as assigned
- Bachelor's degree and at least 5 years OR a Master's degree with 3 years of experience
- At least 1 year of customer support highly preferred in a technical environment within production and/or manufacturing
U.S. Citizenship is required due to government contracts
- ACE Associate, Six Sigma or Lean manufacturing
- MRO experience
- Strong technical aptitude
- Excellent interpersonal / communication skills
- Dedicated professional that helps develop the department and organization
- Ability to meet commitments and resolve conflicting priorities
- Experience working closely with cross-functional teams
- Strong attention to detail and maintaining a high level of organization
- Ability to adapt in an ever-changing environment
- Ability to develop business metrics to include charts, graphs and pivot tables.
- Excel and PowerPoint
- Presentation skills
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this linkto read the Policy and Terms