Powder Coater I - 1st ShiftBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01298452 Date posted 03/25/2019 City Colorado Springs State Colorado Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HCO01: Interiors (Seats) - CO Springs 1275 N Newport Road, Colorado Springs, CO, 80916 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
This position will be operating powder coat equipment proficiently with minimal supervision. Tasks include:
- Performs routine and continuous powder coat operations with minimal supervision
- Reads and follows work orders or standard work to perform powder coat functions
- Understands quality criteria and requirements for the powder coat area
- Actively works with team members in and out of the area to promote teamwork
- Participates in team stretches twice daily and uses safe ergonomic practices in performing job
- Maintains clean and safe working environment in line with company policies
- Takes an active role to ensure Environment, Health, and Safety standards and procedures are met and complied with
- Looks for ways to eliminate safety hazards and improve the overall safety of the workplace
- Ensure quality product utilizing Collins quality procedures
- Audit work area for safety compliance Must have good comprehension of English, and the ability to interpret written instructions
- Ability to mask, hang, powder coat, unhang & inspect parts under supervision
- Ability to understand and perform to quality criteria for appearance
- Conduct inventory as directed to ensure raw materials and supplies are available
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings & work instructions
- Willing to perform hand and body warm-up exercises to minimize potential for repetitive motion injuries
- Ability to read blue prints with some supervision
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Prior paint or powder coat experience preferred
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms