Facilities Electrical TechnicianBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01280158 Date posted 01/02/2019 City Clayville State New York Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW106: Clayville 2395 Main Street, Clayville, NY, 13322 USA
PrattandWhitney is a world leader in aircraft engines and auxiliary power units. Headquartered in East Hartford, Connecticut, the company has locations around the United States and across the world.
We are a global leader in aviation propulsion and we are behind many of the major advances in both military and commercial engines. We design, manufacture and service aircraft engines, auxiliary and ground power units, and small turbojet propulsion products.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Install, trouble shoot and repair a variety of complex electrical systems and electronic devices.
· Maintain electrical components of melt systems functioning
· Perform work to national electrical code
· Perform continuous improvement initiatives
· May be required to carry out tasks not specifically listed, within the scope and skill level of this position in support of department objectives and to develop one’s skills
· Adhere to ACE guidelines and perform ACE duties as required
· Adhere to all EH & S guidelines, including wearing of required personal protective equipment
Must be physically capable of: bending, lifting, squatting, twisting, overhead reaching, standing on feet for long period of time – up to 8 hrs, and climbing stairs
Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. independently
High School Diploma or GED
Electrical and electronic trades training, Associates degree or equivalent
- 1 – 5 years Intermediate Electrical Tech
- Must be a US Citizen due to government contracts
· Electrical and electronic trades training, Associates degree or equivalent
· 3 – 5 years Intermediate Electrical Tech
· Must have a good attendance record
· Must have strong communication skills
· Must be able to work overtime OR when call-in’s are received
· Ability to read and work from drawing & schematic diagrams
· Must be able to use volt-ohm meter, megger and oscilloscope
· Must have strong mechanical aptitude
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.