5th Shift Metallurgic TechnicianBusinesses PRATT & WHITNEY Job ID 74861BR Date posted 10/12/2018 City Clayville State New York Country US
PrattandWhitney is a world leader in aircraft engines and auxiliary power units. Headquartered in East Hartford, Connecticut, the company has locations around the United States and across the world.
We are a global leader in aviation propulsion and we are behind many of the major advances in both military and commercial engines. We design, manufacture and service aircraft engines, auxiliary and ground power units, and small turbojet propulsion products.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Performs destructive and non-destructive testing methods to ensure material meets customer requirements Essential Functions:
- Perform equipment set up and sample preparation
- Perform analysis on a wide variety of materials where methods and techniques have been established Maintain equipment per TPM requirements
- Perform quality control inspections on various production processes
- Organize, report and maintain records of analysis
- Perform continuous improvement initiatives
- May be required to carry out tasks not specifically listed, within the scope and skill level of this position in support of department objectives and to develop one’s skills
- Adhere to ACE guidelines and perform ACE duties as required
- Adhere to all EH & S guidelines, including wearing of required personal protective equipment
- Must have good attendance record
- Must be able to work overtime when required
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. independently
- May be required to pass visual exam in accordance with HMI SLP
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude
- Must be physically capable of: bending, lifting, squatting, twisting, overhead reaching, standing on feet for long period of time – up to 8 hrs, and climbing stairs
Qualification: Basic Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 0-1 year experience in manufacturing
Education: Must have High School diploma or GED
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.