Site Infrastructure Services LeadBusinesses UTC AEROSPACE SYSTEMS Job ID 77691BR Date posted 12/05/2018 City Chula Vista State California Country US
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our Digital Technology team is driving business efficiencies and a better customer experience by connecting technologies, people, information and processes. From making aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated to building new software platforms such as Internet of Things, big data, artificial intelligence, and blockchain, there’s no better place to be right now than in digital. If you’re an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you’re a perfect fit for this team. Join UTC Aerospace Systems to help us revolutionize the aerospace industry today!
The Site Infrastructure Services Lead will be responsible for the execution and delivery of Digital Technology (DT) Infrastructure services at the Chula Vista and Riverside, CA facilities ensuring stable DT operations, project delivery and end user service excellence. Additionally, the Site Infrastructure Services Lead will support global infrastructure strategies and be the primary liaison between the centralized DT teams and UTAS outsourcing partners.
- Cultivate and maintain critical relationships with local business, vendors, and enterprise partners
- Be an advocate of DT providing business leadership with communications on Infrastructure solutions, strategy, capabilities and costs
- Keep up to date with changes to service offerings, technical capabilities and regulatory changes and align DT services at the site
- Support audit and compliance activities, ensure site infrastructure is compliant to all UTC policies
- Drive continuous improvement of on-site support teams
- Coordinate local infrastructure projects and deployments (i.e. wireless deployments, facility expansions, new machine installations, etc)
- Support the implementation of Enterprise DT initiatives (i.e. security/compliance initiatives, collaboration tools, telecommunication, etc)
- Coordinate ongoing maintenance activities to support local infrastructure (i.e. Label Printers, Handheld computers, UPS testing, Fire Suppression and HVAC maintenance, etc)
- Support refresh process and asset management for the site including the procurement and disposal of devices and peripherals
- Provide audio/video support for conference rooms
- Implement and run operational governance mechanisms to ensure performance issues are understood and appropriate solutions are implemented
- Manage outsource partners to ensure performance exceeds contractual SLAs
- Technical Breadth:
- Quickly learn, understand, and articulate various technologies available to solve business problems; demonstrate a wide variety of technical solutions
- Ensure the execution and timely delivery of projects that yields impactful results
- Quickly adapt to changing business priorities and requirements
- Ability to successfully employ systematic problem-solving techniques for root cause analysis and improvement efforts
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation Preferred
- Business acumen - understand what is most important to the business and how it impacts the bottom line
- Proven project management experience
- Able to exercise leadership effectively for virtual teams without having a direct line authority of team members
- Experience managing 3rd party technology partners and vendor relationships
- High energy, passion for customer service and attention to detail
- Exposure to continuous improvement methodology, LEAN, ITIL Foundation or other quality certification
- Experience in highly regulated environments
- Bachelor’s degree or 12 years of experience in lieu of degree required
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.