SAP Business Advisor, ReportingBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01354044 Date posted 10/08/2019 City Chula Vista State California Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HCA21: Aerostructures - Chula Vista 850 Lagoon Blvd, Chula Vista, CA, 91910 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
We are looking for an SAP Business Advisor, Reporting who has deep knowledge and technical expertise specializing in reporting. You will be acting as a liaison between the business teams and the central SAP BW / BI / EDW reporting Support team.
- Developing and executing a roadmap for transitioning all reporting within the Aerostructures group from Access to SAP BW / BI, Tableau or Power BI
- Identifying, developing and enabling a group of report writers withing the Aerostructures business teams
- Being seen as the "Go To" person for all SAP reporting inquiries from the business
- Analyzing gaps in business knowledge, developing and deploying training packages
- Collaborating with other SBU reporting specialists to come to common solutions wherever possible
- Exploring and developing real time reporting solutions ("Point of Use" tools)
- Collaborating with the SBU Data Analytics team
- Using knowledge and experience of the SAP/ Tableau / Power BI reporting capabilities to identify, drive and implement business and system improvement opportunities
- Assisting the report writers in their requirements gathering for detailed reporting enhancements based on the opportunities above, to present and prioritize during the Advisory Board sessions
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be able to demonstrate hands on experience with SAP BW / BI
- Strong Query/Report writing skills using BW BEx Query
- Experience with Business Object tools such as WEBI, Crystal Reports, and Dashboard.
- Tableau experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Good communication and training skills
- Willing to keep up to date with, explore and learn new technologies
- MS Office experience; Excel and PowerPoint
- SAP 4.7 or higher
- Able to travel up to 20%
- Must be US Citizen
- Power BI reporting
- MS Project experience
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace’s Aerostructures business is a world leader in the design, manufacture, integration and support of nacelles -- the aerodynamic structures which house aircraft engines. Our nacelle technologies improve fuel efficiency, reduce engine noise and supply critical stopping power when an airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing commercial, regional and business jet platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite and elastomeric structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Ability to buy an additional week of vacation
- Employee scholar program
- Funding of courses for pursuing approved certifications
- Annual Merit and performance review
- Numerous paths for advancement – both within team you join and outside
- UTFlex program consideration
- Primary CareTake leave
- Parental Leave
- And More!!
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms