Project EngineerBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01313703 Date posted 05/07/2019 City Chula Vista State California Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HCA21: Aerostructures - Chula Vista 850 Lagoon Blvd, Chula Vista, CA, 91910 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace’s Aerostructures business is a world leader in the design, manufacture, integration and support of nacelles -- the aerodynamic structures which house aircraft engines. Our nacelle technologies improve fuel efficiency, reduce engine noise and supply critical stopping power when an airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing commercial, regional and business jet platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite and elastomeric structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
Collins is Aerospace is looking for Project Engineer with experience in Project Management, who will work with limited supervision on the A350 XWB Thrust Reverser. You will also support the development of project plans, schedule and budget for projects, facilitate project tasks with various functional organizations, tracks progress, identifies project problems and recommends resolutions.
- Supports the development of project plans, schedules and budgets for projects under his/her responsibility to ensure adherence to the established program plan, schedule, and budget.
- Tracks progress and identifies/resolves obstacles to minimize disruption to project schedules.
- Monitor costs on a monthly basis to maximize project profitability.
- Analyzes data gathered and develops solutions or alternative methods of proceeding to optimize performance.
- Maintains and presents plans and progress reports relating to business aspects of the project(s) to track progress and ensure that established targets are met.
- Identifies and addresses project problems and recommends resolutions to ensure the successful completion of projects.
- Facilitates project tasks with the various functional organizations to ensure alignment with overall project objectives.
- Oversees and manages the life-cycle and operational aspects of projects, and liaises between project management and planning, project team, and line management.
- Reviews status of projects and budgets, manages schedules and prepares status reports.
- Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Regularly interacts and interfaces with customers.
- May have business development responsibilities.
Experience & Qualifications
- Project Engineering professional with ability to work with minimal guidance
- Ability to develop, track and report on multi-disciplinary project schedules (schedule, resources, budget/cost)
- Ability to identify and escalates project problems and support resolutions to ensure the successful completion of projects
- Ability to identify and mitigate Risks to minimize impact to schedule, business plan, and quality
- Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate with other functional organizations
- Experience with presentations to internal and external customers
- Good understanding of design (structures & systems)
- Analytical problem-solving skills, motivated & team orientated
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Understanding of and experience with Continuous Improvement activities preferred
- Supplier management experience
- Aerospace experience
- Nacelle systems familiarity
- CATIA V5 familiarity
- MS Project experience strongly preferred
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- Advanced degree and 3 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- A Background check and a drug screen are required for every external new hire in the U.S.
- A re-hire will be drug screened if it has been 12 months since they were last employed by Collins Aerospace/UTC.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms