User Acceptance Testing CoordinatorBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01352275 Date posted 09/10/2019 City Charlotte State North Carolina Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HNC04: Headquarters - Charlotte Aero 2730 West Tyvola Road, Charlotte, NC, 28217 USA
Every second a plane takes off with Collins Aerospace equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 70,000 employees across 300 locations working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our Digital Technology (DT) team is leading Collins Aerospace to empower Digital. With this initiative, the team is leveraging technology to make our internal work environment more efficient, productive and seamless. For our customers, we’re working to make aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated. If you’re an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you’re a perfect fit for this team. Join Collins Aerospace and help us to empower Digital today!
We are seeking a highly motivated UAT Testing Coordinator to support accuracy and functionality of system development across the organization by facilitating user acceptance testing (UAT) and post production validation of development projects and releases. Works closely with Operations, Application Development, and IT QA to ensure development and testing efforts are completed and meet all outlined requirements in the implemented solution. Continuously strives to improve efficiency, reduce costs, and ensure compliance with regulations. This role will partner with the business, digital technology, and customers to coordinate the planning and execution of UAT application testing. The UAT Coordinator will also work directly with test teams to improve acceptance testing for large, complex, technology-dependent programs and projects that cross business functional areas.
Candidates will be responsible for managing user acceptance testing initiatives by communicating across multiple lines of business, organizing meetings and supporting training efforts to ensure effectiveness of UAT initiatives. The Coordinator will advise on User Acceptance Testing strategy and business process solutions that increase efficiencies, meet company goals and improve the overall customer experience. The UAT Coordinator will have a deep understanding of the business and change processes. Using process knowledge, business requirements, and functional expertise, the UAT Coordinator will ensure acceptance criteria are established, and testing results meet the established criteria.
- Coordinate overall UAT Process Strategy with stakeholders
- Network and collaborate with Agile teams to guide the development of customer-centric acceptance criteria for user acceptance testing
- Facilitate UAT process by reviewing test requirements, assessing business impacts of systems development, coordinating testing teams and developing and reviewing test scripts to ensure users conduct thorough and careful testing
- Advise key stakeholders by communicating knowledge of application functionality and development processes to improve user acceptance testing and assist managers in meeting business goals
- Advise on industry trends, best practices, and leading-edge technology for process improvement
- Participates in technical and functional design meetings to ensure requirements are clearly defined and testable
- Ensure quality standards, procedures and methodologies are being followed by UAT Analysts
- Work directly with other QA testing teams to ensure alignment to UAT processes
- Document and implement UAT strategies, processes and standards
- Provide input on appropriate testing tools and confirm optimal use
- Contribute to a positive work environment by demonstrating cultural expectations and influencing others to value teamwork, accountability, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, continuous improvement, and collaboration.
- Ensure processes remain compliant with UTC policies, US and International laws.
- US Citizenship or Green Card Holder
- 5+ years of in-depth knowledge in project and process management and experience leading UAT teams
- Process oriented business experience
- Excellent leadership skills that enhance program/project team effectiveness
- Maintain composure during high stress situations
- Principles and methodology behind user acceptance testing
- Translate technical jargon into user-friendly information
- Understand the needs and goals of a customer and actively look for ways to meet them
- Demonstrated critical thinking, strong analytical, problem solving, presentation, and communication skills that span across multiple levels of business
- Ability to work independently across functions, as well as in a self-organized collaborative team environment, with all levels of users and management.
- Ability to work in a fast-changing, dynamic, and Agile environment, including the ability to manage time, prioritize work, and maintain an excellent work ethic.
- Knowledge of development, project, and product, life cycle and experience in a range of testing methodologies, used in both Agile and Waterfall.
- Hands-on knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle principles and User Acceptance methodologies/best practices
- Working knowledge of JIRA, Azure DevOps, Git, Github, Bitbucket, Stash, and other development tools.
- Knowledge of HP Quality Control system, Selenium, Jenkins, and other testing applications
- Familiarity with detailed functional and regression test plans, and the creation and execution of test scripts
- Fluency with Microsoft productivity suite.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years in User Acceptance Testing in IT or Digital Technology or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms