Sr. Software DeveloperBusinesses UTC AEROSPACE SYSTEMS Job ID 77318BR Date posted 12/03/2018 City Charlotte State North Carolina Country US
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our IT team is leading UTC Aerospace Systems to “empower digITal”. With this initiative, the team is leveraging technology to make our internal work environment more efficient, productive and seamless. For our customers, we’re working to make aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated. If you’re an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you’re a perfect fit for this team. Join UTC Aerospace Systems and help us to empower digITal today!
This position can be located in either Charlotte, NC or Windsor Locks, CT.
- Develop enterprise MVC web solutions throughout the full stack, including UI, business logic and back end
- Work with architects to create scalable, extensible and sustainable solutions
- Work with Product Managers and subject matter experts to translate business needs into stories and tasks
- Rapidly develop prototypes for Proof of Concept or “fail fast” validation
- Accurately estimate project tasks and timelines
- Stay current on the latest web development technologies through research, user groups
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 6+ years of experience with C#
- 6+ years of experience with structured or semi-structured data stores (SQL, NoSQL, Cosmos DB)
- 4+ years of experience with 4+ years MVC framework
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Azure or AWS cloud
- Agile project methodologies
- Basic server administration
- Basic network administration
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or an equivalent field is required
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.