Senior Manager, Materials ManagementBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01311562 Date posted 04/29/2019 City Charlotte State North Carolina Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HNC01: UTAS Headquarters (HS) 2730 West Tyvola Road, Charlotte, NC, 28217 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The next chapter of our future as an aerospace company is here, and we are excited about what this means for our employees and customers! Get on-board the Collins Aerospace Operations team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. The Operations team continues to grow and aims to strengthen the connection of Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) across Collins Aerospace. In this dynamic environment, you will have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace. Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
This Central position is responsible to work in conjunction with each of Collins 6 SBU Materials Management organizations to develop the overall Collins Aerospace standard policy and procedures for master scheduling, material planning, production control, inventory management, and SAP material master data. Through the creation of an enterprise standard, optimized settings and processes, comprehensive health performance measurements, and detailed standard work the 140+ OE global manufacturing sites will be able to improve OTD reliability and inventory optimization. In addition, through this standardization, Collins Aerospace will be able to data mine common cause failures and develop enhanced enterprise wide solutions and training to improve the overall operational performance.
Primary Responsibilities (including but not limited to the following):
- Demonstrating a strong orientation toward continuous improvement, leading continuous improvement activities, and ensuring service level and inventory targets are met.
- Extended On-site engagements with critical sites to identify process gaps, train, and deploy Collins materials planning system and standards
- Recommending optimized Materials management SAP configuration and Master Data settings
- Creation and training on standard policies, procedures, and standard work
- Facilitating enterprise online and live learning labs based on findings and best practices
- Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience
- Deep SAP Experience in materials, production, and logistics modules. (MM, PP)
- Progressive experience in Operations, Supply Chain, or Materials Management
- Problem solving skills are required. Ability to apply structured and disciplined methodology to identify root cause(s) in the process. Deploying innovative and effective solutions resulting in risk mitigation and improved execution
- Demonstrated leadership experience, including cross-discipline collaboration, is required.
- Experience in lean materials/logistics required (Material Planning, Production scheduling, Inventory Management).
- Strong experience in developing and deploying enterprise-wide lean materials management strategies.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills with all levels of an organization with proven ability to facilitate teamwork across functions. Ability to influence and motivate in a matrix organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast paced, matrixed, and changing environment with multiple priorities while driving results
- Thorough understanding of supply chain concepts and their financial impact (inventory turns, cash flow, and working capital).
- Degree focus in Supply Chain, Materials Management, Logistics, or Business Administration, is highly desired
- MBA preferred
- APICS Certification is highly desired
- Travel requirement up to 50%
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms