Senior Manager, Financial Planning & AnalysisBusinesses Carrier Job ID 01319059 Date posted 05/17/2019 City Charlotte State North Carolina Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAN05: CCS-Charlotte, NC 5900 Northwoods Business Pkwy, Charlotte, NC, 28269 USA
Senior Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
Carrier is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. Carrier is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
The North America Field Services (NAFS) organization is seeking an FP&A Manager to lead the FP&A function for the business with ~$600M in annual revenues and ~1500 employees. The NAFS organization includes the Commercial Service, HVAC Rentals and Spot Coolers businesses spread across US and Canada. The position will directly report to the NAFS CFO and will have two direct reports.
Location: Charlotte, NC
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to develop your finance career, then we have a great opportunity for you. We are seeking a motivated, analytical, self-starter to contribute to our continued legacy of financial strength.
Specific responsibilities for this position include:
- Manage all aspects of NAFS forecasting and planning processes, including analysis of actual results and the respective variances to Plan, prior year and monthly estimates
- Lead the financial analysis of the business including Overhead, regional profitability, Cash Flow, Asset management, Profit roadmaps, Risk & Opportunities and recommend course of actions to maximize operational and financial performance
- Prepare monthly P&L & Balance sheet forecast, including risks and opportunities for the business
- Support development of the annual operating plan for the business and oversee planning for all business divisions
- Conduct financial reviews and ad-hoc analysis for all business divisions as needed
- Lead the FP&A team through empowerment and developing employees to achieve objectives
- Coordinate all FP&A presentations for leadership meetings
- Provide thoughtful, insightful comments relative to the business performance to leadership
- Develop and enhance people skills and competencies to help them on their career advancements
- Interface with UTC, WHQ, Outsource Providers and Regional Offices
- Review new business proposals including capital investments and provide recommendations
- Lead the department’s use of ACE tools to evaluate and improve processes
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS:
BA/BS degree with 10 plus years’ experience in Accounting or Finance
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Previous experience in financial planning & analysis
- Highly analytical and ability to develop and apply financial models
- Advanced PowerPoint presentation experience and Excel knowledge is a must; Knowledge of Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), HFM retrieve, Business Objects. Hyperion Planning knowledge is desirable
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills
- Detail oriented, well organized, and able to manage multiple and conflicting priorities under tight deadlines
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms