Senior Associate, Productivity and Cost ReductionBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01371843 Date posted 11/22/2019 City Charlotte State North Carolina Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HNC01: UTAS Headquarters (HS) 2730 West Tyvola Road, Charlotte, NC, 28217 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The next chapter of our future as an aerospace company is here, and we are excited about what this means for our employees and customers! Get onboard the Collins Aerospace Operations team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. The Operations team continues to grow and aims to strengthen the connection of Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) across Collins Aerospace. In this dynamic environment , you will have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.Role Overview
This position is for a Established professional in Manufacturing Operations. Completes quality and process improvement activities, analyzes scheduling and sequencing of work.
This position reports to the Director, Global Operations Productivity and Global Strategy, and will be responsible for, but not limited to, supporting the following:
- Support the Productivity and Cost Reduction plans for the Global Operations Team (7 Global Manufacturing Sites); the annual target = 5-8% YoY Productivity improvement.
- Interface with Business Unit and plant sites to:
- Develop and maintain critical parts list, ensuring customer labor standard targets are achieved for critical BU parts.
- Support monthly executive BU reviews on critical cost reduction parts.
- Facilitate/ schedule and align resources to launch CI/Lean projects, programs, and ACE Events.
- Drive specific BU cost reduction actions to closure.
- Track results and improvements.
- Recommend opportunities for improvement.
- Support Executive briefings to communicate improvement, mitigation, and recovery plans to achieve cost targets.
- Consolidate cost reduction reporting/updates and participate in monthly PDPR reviews.
- Launch investigations into significant cost increases.
- Jointly develop, deploy and, track each site’s Productivity and Cost Reduction strategy, based on the process robustness and productivity gaps for each site: Provide “course correction” coaching to ensure methodical progress to target.
- Utilizing ACE/CI Tools, lead “Least Waste Way” Productivity Events to drive labor content out of our operations where possible, while supporting all Quality and ZDP requirements.
- Coordinate special projects as needed
Willingness to travel 50% in US/International
- Advanced Excel proficiency including, but not limited to:
- Complex spreadsheet design
- This individual is a self-started that has a strong desire to positively impact an organization.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 7 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms