Scrum MasterBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01352276 Date posted 09/10/2019 City Charlotte State North Carolina Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HNC04: Headquarters - Charlotte Aero 2730 West Tyvola Road, Charlotte, NC, 28217 USA
Every second a plane takes off with Collins Aerospace equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 70,000 employees across 300 locations working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our Digital Technology (DT) team is leading Collins Aerospace to empower Digital. With this initiative, the team is leveraging technology to make our internal work environment more efficient, productive and seamless. For our customers, we’re working to make aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated. If you’re an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you’re a perfect fit for this team. Join Collins Aerospace and help us to empower Digital today!
The Scrum Master will work with cross-functional teams involved in developing and maintaining the Collins Aerospace Aftermarket MRO ecosystem, and related applications. The role will be responsible for working with co-located and virtual teams that include both onshore and offshore resources. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated to provide guidance on Agile and Scrum practices, and encourage the various teams to embrace, and incorporate the principles of Agile into their daily team activities. The Scrum Master will be responsible for focusing team efforts to achieve outcomes by enabling teams (developers, Product Teams, Business Owner and SBUs) to effectively perform their roles within an Agile framework. The role will manage the standard Scrum ceremonies and artifacts, and provide coaching and training to various team members as needed. Additionally, the role will establish and monitor Agile effectiveness scorecard and metrics.
- Work with the Product Owner to adapt the Product Vision into achievable epics and stories.
- Perform standard Scrum ceremonies and maintain Scrum artifacts.
- Facilitate Agile adoption with the team and organization by educating on the benefits of Agile and using the Scrum Framework effectively to drive toward outcomes.
- Guide the team towards working in a way that lives the Agile values and principles.
- Foster an environment of self-organization and collaborative problem solving within the team.
- Perform regular retrospectives which guide the team to self-assess and achieve higher levels of effectiveness. Assist team by removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments.
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Encourage and assist the team with usage of Scrum tools, including: story boards, action boards, backlogs, and sprint metrics.
- Facilitate Sprint Planning, work with the team to define the Sprint Goals, help the team to measure work, and encourage self-assignment of work.
- Use standard Scrum reporting to provide feedback on value-driven metrics to help the team improve velocity, manage the burndown, and drive to a regular release cadence.
- Coach the team by facilitating discussion, providing guidance for decision making, mediating conflict resolution, and maintaining focus.
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Support and educate the Product Owner, on refining and owning the Product Backlog.
- Provide support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
- Ensure processes remain compliant with UTC policies, US and International laws.
- US Citizenship or Green Card Holder
- 5+ years of in-depth knowledge in project and process management and experience leading Scrum teams
- Strong presentation, and communication skills that span across multiple levels of business.
- Ability to work independently across functions, as well as in a self-organized collaborative team environment, with all levels of users and management.
- Effectively prioritize work, manage issues, and remove obstacles to help the team complete tasks on time.
Ability to work in a fast-changing, dynamic, and agile environment, including the ability to manage time and maintain an excellent work ethic
- Knowledge of development/project life cycle used in both Agile and Waterfall.
- Experience in the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a software development team that was diligently applying the Scrum Framework.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of various patterns and techniques used in addition to the Scrum Framework (example: Story Points, Retrospective formats, Burn down/Burn up approaches, etc.).
- Ability to contribute to a positive work environment by demonstrating cultural expectations and influencing others to value teamwork, accountability, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, continuous improvement, and collaboration.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
- Practical experience using Agile tools (JIRA, Rally, Trello, Azure DevOps, etc.)
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms