Scrum MasterBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01335652 Date posted 07/23/2019 City Charlotte State North Carolina Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HNC04: Headquarters - Charlotte Aero 2730 West Tyvola Road, Charlotte, NC, 28217 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our Digital Technology team is driving business efficiencies and a better customer experience by connecting technologies, people, information and processes. From making aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated to building new software platforms such as Internet of Things, big data, artificial intelligence, and blockchain, there’s no better place to be right now than in digital. If you’re an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you’re a perfect fit for this team. Join Collins Aerospace to help us revolutionize the aerospace industry today!
You are responsible for being a Servant Leader, Facilitator, and Coach for your Agile team(s). You continually look for ways the team can improve and will encourage growth by cultivating strong relationships and trust. You own the Agile (Scrum or Kanban) Process for the team and create balance with the stakeholders and Team. You understand meaningful metrics and host regular conversations of retrospection with the team and leadership. Foremost, you ensure the Team Members have what they need, shield them from distractions and interruptions, and work to remove impediments along the way while driving continuous improvement.
- Help the team and organization on how to use the Scrum Framework effectively.
- Guide the team towards working in a way that lives the Agile values and principles.
- Encourage a team to self-organization and problem solve collaboratively.
- Assess the effectiveness of the Scrum Team and the organization in order to help the team to higher levels of effectiveness.
- Assist team by removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments.
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on refining and owning the Product Backlog.
- Provide support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
- Experience in the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a software development team that was diligently applying the Scrum Framework.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of various patterns and techniques used in addition to the Scrum Framework (example: Story Points, Retrospective formats, Burn down/Burn up approaches, etc.).
Practical experience using Agile tools (JIRA, Rally, Trello, Azure DevOps, etc.)
Preferred Skills/Experience (Any of these is a plus):
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
- Any other things that you feel are relevant to your project, company, or team culture.
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms