Product ManagerBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01291375 Date posted 02/07/2019 City Charlotte State North Carolina Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HNC01: UTAS Headquarters (HS) 2730 West Tyvola Road, Charlotte, NC, 28217 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our Digital Technology team is driving business efficiencies and a better customer experience by connecting technologies, people, information and processes. From making aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated to building new software platforms such as Internet of Things, big data, artificial intelligence, and blockchain, there’s no better place to be right now than in digital. If you’re an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you’re a perfect fit for this team. Join Collins Aerospace to help us revolutionize the aerospace industry today!
In the Product Management role you will work with cross-disciplinary teams including engineering, design, operations, aftermarket, marketing, service delivery teams, and customers to build and execute product roadmaps and continuously seek new opportunities for growth. You will be a key player in the broader company strategy to make our products more connected -- leveraging real-time data and software across the entire lifecycle of our products from design, manufacture to in service operation and repair. Keys to success in this role include a proven ability to lead products to market, experience in Product Lifecycle Management, strong business acumen, an entrepreneurial drive and an innovative mindset.
You must be able to transform quantitative and qualitive data from our customers into insights and strategy to dive product development priorities. You transform those strategies into product development requirements and work closely with your agile team to deliver features and enhancements at a fast pace. You will measure performance, keep your pulse on the customer, anticipate bottlenecks, make tradeoffs, manage internal customers and take acceptable risks to maximize the benefit for our business.
- Collaborates with business and technology teams ascertaining system requirements, such as program functions, output requirements, input data acquisition, execution of users acceptance, etc.
- Leverages market insights, as well as business and financial acumen to support cutting edge product development.
- The product development process will be supported through the definition and execution of product roadmaps by leveraging customer requirements, market data, competitive analysis and business requirements with a focus on user-centric product development.
- Direct Agile development teams including sprint definition, backlog prioritization, user stories, development and release of Minimum Value Product (MVP).
- Plan and define user stories; tasks sprints; design develop and manage product activities, from definition and planning, through production, release, upgrades and end of life.
- Serves as the central resource and subject matter expert through the entire product life-cycle-management process – Ideation, market/customer research, strategy, prototyping/concept development, pilot testing, product development, customer testing, quality & performance management, cost management, pricing, marketing, change management, implementation/deployment, maintenance/upgrades and end-of-life management.
- Empathy for the customer
- Ability to understand product ideas within the context of our customers’ needs and our company strategy.
- Create Product Vision and Strategy that will delight our target users and achieve our business goals
- Understand business partner needs, and advocate on behalf of business partners and their customers to ensure project success.
- Translate product vision into a well sequenced roadmap that evolves as we learn and adjust our business goals.
- Develop and refine product roadmap and strategy in conjunction with key stakeholders
- Capture and prioritize product requirements through customer research, voice of customer and usage metrics
- Set business goals for product and identify how you will measure them. Ensure success criteria is clearly defined and instrumented.
- Establish and maintain positive business unit and stakeholder relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, computer science, engineering, analytics or an equivalent field with 7+ years overall experience
- Understanding of software development/engineering lifecycle from conception to delivery
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills that are relatable to all levels
- Natural presence/comfortable presenting to internal and external customers
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Superb planning and organizational skills
- Adaptability and multi-tasking; experience working in a fast moving environment
- Familiarity with Agile operating model, practices and expectations
- Demonstrated capability in making timely, difficult decisions to ensure project priorities meet critical business needs and timelines
- Ability to communicate and influence multi-disciplinary teams; developing strong partnerships across functions to drive measurable operational results
- Possess strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively at all levels within the company as an “active listener” and then execute results
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment with high degree of accountability
- Diligent, disciplined, reliable and strives for highest quality work product
- Experience using agile project management tools such as Jira and Confluence
- PMP or SCRUM/Agile certified a plus
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from company for more than 1 year.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.