Mechanical Systems EngineerBusinesses Carrier Job ID 01222456 Date posted 01/15/2019 City Charlotte State North Carolina Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAN03: Carrier-Charlotte, NC 9701 Old Statesville Road, Charlotte, NC, 28269 USA
UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to develop your operations career, then we have a great opportunity for you.
UTC Climate, Controls, & Security (CCS) division is seeking a Mechanical Systems Engineer.
This role is a part of UTC Re-Empower Program which helps support talented and committed professionals as they rebuild their capabilities, enhance leadership skills, and continue their professional journey. Over the course of this 16-week program, experienced professionals will gain paid, on-the-job experience, have an opportunity to participate in sessions with leadership, develop personalized plans for success and receive coaching to guide their return to work experience. Upon completion of the program, based on performance, Re-Empower participants may have an opportunity to convert to a full-time role.
Cohort II of the UTC Re-Empower Program will run from March 12, 2018 – June 29, 2018.
The primary responsibility of the position is the engineering of chiller systems. In this capacity, the engineer will be primarily responsible to participate in engineering activities on chiller products, including design of the pressure vessels, heat exchangers, chiller system and laboratory chiller testing.
- Team member of the Chiller Development organization
- Mechanical and HVAC engineering tasks,
- Thermodynamic based modeling and optimization of chiller system design
- Confirm product design performance, capability and reliability in the engineering product test laboratories
- Develop heat exchanger components in collaboration with heat transfer technology experts. Experience with ASME pressure vessel design is desirable
- Collaborate with both internal and external component suppliers to complete design requirements
- Collaborate with manufacturing faculties to effectively implement designs into production
- Collaborate with the product marketing teams locally to develop product requirements and ensure that the product meets their needs when launched
TYPICAL EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
• BS, MS or Ph D in mechanical or related engineering
- 4+ years of related experience
Minimum Program Qualifications
To qualify for the UTC Re-Empower Program, candidates should:
- Currently be on a voluntary break of at least two years or more
- Have a minimum of five years of professional work experience
- Have an interest in returning to work in a full-time position
- Have an ability to attend the Re-Empower Program Orientation at UTC Headquarters in Farmington, CT on March 12 - 14, 2018
- HVAC industry experience, preferred
- Strong communication skills,
- Leadership and teamwork skills
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.