Industrial EngineerBusinesses Carrier Job ID 01329761 Date posted 07/08/2019 City Charlotte State North Carolina Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAN03: Carrier-Charlotte, NC 9701 Old Statesville Road, Charlotte, NC, 28269 USA
Carrier is a world leader in building technologies. Its fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems and services promote integrated, high performance buildings that are safer, smarter and sustainable. Carrier is currently a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
In order to maintain our role as a global leader, we continue to seek talented, ambitious individuals to join our operations team. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to apply your technical expertise, then we have a great opportunity for you. We are seeking an innovative, data driven, results-oriented industrial engineer to contribute to our continued success.
Several plants in the United States currently have an opening for an experienced Industrial Engineer. Ideal candidate will be able to analyze, develop and implement manufacturing procedures and processes designed to maximize utilization of equipment, labor and material. Candidate must also demonstrate knowledge and application of continuous improvement methods in an effort to improve production efficiency and reduce costs in the manufacturing and assembly area.
- Organize and conduct observation and analysis of personnel and work procedures to determine motion and time requirements within specific job duties.
- Analyze and determine best equipment setup and process flow for maximizing fabrication of parts within a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Develop and improve manufacturing methods, fabrication processes, tooling, assembly methods, and quality control standards in an effort to improve productivity and reduce cost structure.
- Lead teams of hourly and salaried personnel in Lean / Kaizen projects in the areas of workstation layout, productivity, safety and quality.
- Implement and train employees on new job methods.
- Designing and maintaining operator aid visuals.
- Using continuous improvement tools to track and improve scrap metrics.
- Knowledge and application of motion and time methodology and techniques in manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication skills; candidate must be comfortable providing briefings at all levels of management
- Ability to influence decisions downstream and upstream
- Solid understanding of lean principles to effectively create, implement and monitor process improvement initiatives
- Experience with layout design and strong computer skills
- Excellent quantitative analysis skills
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to effectively lead and team with multiple functional groups to reach a common objective
- Bachelor’s in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms