Facilities & Maintenance SupervisorBusinesses Carrier Job ID 01322054 Date posted 05/30/2019 City Charlotte State North Carolina Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAN03: Carrier-Charlotte, NC 9701 Old Statesville Road, Charlotte, NC, 28269 USA
Job Title: Facilities & Maintenance Supervisor
UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide
Carrier is the world’s leader in high-technology heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions. Carrier is a part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
UTC Climate, Controls & Security is looking for a highly motivated and results driven individual to work with the Commercial Chiller Facilities and Maintenance team. The group is responsible for maintaining all production and building services equipment and grounds. This position is for a Facilities and Maintenance Supervisor. The location for this position is in Charlotte, NC.
The ideal candidate will be able to effectively lead the Maintenance team in support of operational goals and requirements, ensuring the continued service of all building systems including wastewater treatment, compressed air delivery, bulk storage tanks of refrigerant and gasses, electrical power distribution, and HVAC. The maintenance team will also support the continued operation of all production equipment.
- Champion the plant’s Total Productive Maintenance program
- Lead Maintenance Technicians, vendors and contractors.
- Supervising, scheduling, and training all maintenance employees
- Meet ACE thermostat goals for preventive maintenance completion and maintenance uptime
- Providing technical support for the design and installation of equipment modifications/additions
- Researching and purchasing new manufacturing technology, working in collaboration with the operations departments to achieve better production equipment functionality
- Develop and maintain a sustainable system for the training, evaluation, and development of technicians to meet the plant’s needs, to include providing regular performance feedback
- Develop and maintain a sustainable system (work flow) that identifies work, plans jobs, schedules jobs, executes, audits, and continuously improves the quality and performance of the work being completed
- Develop and maintain a sustainable system that prioritizes the plant’s equipment, and develops and updates preventive maintenance schedules
- Partner with production and other departments to complete new projects and upgrades.
- Support and drive process improvements and employee involvement
- Model and promote adherence to environmental, health and safety policies and initiatives
- Promote building-wide energy efficiency and comfort
- Manage the maintenance department’s budget
- Analyze maintenance problems and devise solutions to improve plant production, reduce downtime and/or prevent repeat failures
- Analyzing expenditures and other financial information in order to develop plans, policies, and budgets for increasing profit
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS:
Bachelor’s degree in Facilities Management, Engineering, or other related field.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
The successful candidate should have:
- At least 5 of work related experience
- At least 3 years of people management experience (direct reports)
- At least 2 years of “hands on” experience in a high volume manufacturing environment
- Mechanical and electrical experience with related equipment
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a dynamic, high pressure environment
- Strong computer and system skills, including AutoCAD
- Electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematic reading
- General mechanical schematic reading
- Experience with PM and TPM systems
- Experience with computerized maintenance systems (TMS – Four Rivers)
- Knowledge of high production output equipment and systems
- Knowledge of facilities support equipment and systems
- Knowledge of using ACE tools to deliver continuous improvement in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated leadership and motivation in a complex work environment
- Demonstrated analytical, decision making, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability in the use of appropriate problem solving tools including root cause analysis
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to facilitate and motivate teams and work with internal customers.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms