Disaster Recovery ManagerBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01378610 Date posted 12/20/2019 City Charlotte State North Carolina Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HNC01: UTAS Headquarters (HS) 2730 West Tyvola Road, Charlotte, NC, 28217 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our Digital Technology team is driving business efficiencies and a better customer experience by connecting technologies, people, information and processes. From making aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated to building new software platforms such as Internet of Things, big data, artificial intelligence, and blockchain, there’s no better place to be right now than in digital. If you’re an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you’re a perfect fit for this team. Join Collins Aerospace to help us revolutionize the aerospace industry today!
Planning, managing and supporting all Disaster Recovery (DR) initiatives to ensure high reliability and performance of the 24/7/365 Collins Aerospace (Collins) computing environment.
Collaborate with various Collins organizations in addition to multiple vendors for the design, installation, implementation and testing to support Collins DR requirements. This includes:
- Disaster Recovery, Business Impact Analysis and Highly Available services
- Collaborate to define and maintain standards, while maintaining guidelines, plans, processes and procedures within the scope of the position.
- Work with each business/site to build BIA’s and ensure they are updated annually
- Monitoring of DR systems to ensure optimal performance and efficiency
- Develop domain specific options and provide recommendations based on a combination of business criteria and technical specifications utilizing technologies available in the marketplace
- Responsible for multiple domestic locations and serve in advisory capacity for international and affiliate locations
- Knowledge and experience with the standard project management processes and gating methodologies
- Responsible for vendor coordination for applicable services.
- Understanding of supplier service agreements and associated expectations, and requirements
- Consistently apply, and update as necessary, company Disaster Recovery policies and procedures throughout the environment
- Participate in applicable audits.
- Familiarity with ITIL processes
- On-call activities to support the effective operation of the production environment
- Extensive knowledge of infrastructure environments.
- Hands on experience with mission critical, highly available, storage and backup systems.
- General knowledge of Wintel, UNIX, and Client technologies and best practices
- General knowledge of SAP and Oracle services and implementation best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Time management skills
- Understand project management lifecycle
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong customer service management skills
- Self-starter and quick learner
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 10 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms