Director, Infrastructure OperationsBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01278458 Date posted 01/02/2019 City Charlotte State North Carolina Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HNC01: UTAS Headquarters (HS) 2730 West Tyvola Road, Charlotte, NC, 28217 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our Digital Technology team is driving business efficiencies and a better customer experience by connecting technologies, people, information and processes. From making aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated to building new software platforms such as Internet of Things, big data, artificial intelligence, and blockchain, there’s no better place to be right now than in digital. If you’re an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you’re a perfect fit for this team. Join Collins Aerospace to help us revolutionize the aerospace industry today!
This role may be located in Charlotte, NC, Windsor Locks, CT, Cedar Rapids, IA or Troy, OH.
- Provide technical leadership as you influence and partner with UTC Corporate, peers and commercial partners to deliver infrastructure that can stand the test of scale and availability while reducing operational overhead across UTC Aerospace Systems
- Lead a team of employees and contractors to support and maintain enterprise data centers and cloud hosting containing highly scalable and secure solutions
- Develop and maintain support models with assistance from Architecture and Engineering teams for moving new services into production
- Actively engage with software engineering in agile development of projects. Establish shared goals and provide required operational and testing environments
- Maintain effective working relationships and act as the primary point of contact for vendors and solution providers within the operations area
- Ensure access and security controls are in accordance with UTC policies, applicable laws and best practices
- Develop and maintain disaster recovery plans and coordinate annual tests to ensure continuous service availability
- Provide proactive leadership in the area of service quality improvement utilizing root cause analysis, corrective action plans, and continuous process improvement techniques
- Participate in Digital Technology planning and develop capacity plans and budgets that meet the growth, scale and changing needs of the business
- Partner with stakeholders across business, senior leaders and IT professionals to help define platform direction and support business applications
- Work with the product vendor(s) on issue resolution and enhancements
- Communicate risks, issues, challenges and status/progress of projects
- Excellent communications skills - ability to engage in deep technical discussions with customers and peers and become a trusted technical advisor
- Perform other duties as assigned to support Infrastructure operations and strategy
- 10+ years of relevant systems administration, architecture and data center experience and 6+ years hands-on technical management experience (leading both administrators and managers)
- Experience developing/implementing and supporting cloud strategies and services.
- Experience implementing tools to automate deployment, monitoring, and operations of infrastructure
- Ability to manage multiple projects, activities and tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to make the people and teams around you better through mentorship, collaboration, and guiding employees towards best practices.
- Demonstrated success building buy-in for an innovative and bold vision, ability to influence and motivate people across a broad variety of job functions through your relationships
- Strong project management skills with accountability for end to end delivery
- Experience developing and optimizing infrastructure architectures
- Experience with large technology transformations and re-architecture efforts
- Experience in leading and working in an agile operational environment
- Possess knowledge and hands-on experience with the implementation of ITIL and transformation to Agile methodology
- Bachelor’s degree in related technical field required with 12 years’ experience
- Relevant technical certifications a plus
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.