Director, Infrastructure OperationsBusinesses UTC AEROSPACE SYSTEMS Job ID 77035BR Date posted 11/30/2018 City Charlotte State North Carolina Country US
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our IT team is leading UTC Aerospace Systems to “empower digITal”. With this initiative, the team is leveraging technology to make our internal work environment more efficient, productive and seamless. For our customers, we’re working to make aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated. If you’re an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you’re a perfect fit for this team. Join UTC Aerospace Systems and help us to empower digITal today!
United Technology Aerospace Systems Digital Technologies is looking for a Director of Infrastructure Operations, who will be primarily responsible for providing strategic and tactical leadership in developing and operating scalable enterprise infrastructure to meet business requirements. You will develop and manage strategic business relationships with technology vendors and suppliers, internal and external business partners, and collaborate with senior IT management to accomplish the goals and objective of the organization. In addition, you will work collaboratively with application, engineering and security teams on digital transformation leveraging cloud infrastructure.
This role may be located in Charlotte, NC, Windsor Locks, CT, Cedar Rapids, IA or Troy, OH.
- Provide technical leadership as you influence and partner with UTC Corporate, peers and commercial partners to deliver infrastructure that can stand the test of scale and availability while reducing operational overhead across UTC Aerospace Systems
- Lead a team of employees and contractors to support and maintain enterprise data centers and cloud hosting containing highly scalable and secure solutions
- Develop and maintain support models with assistance from Architecture and Engineering teams for moving new services into production
- Actively engage with software engineering in agile development of projects. Establish shared goals and provide required operational and testing environments
- Maintain effective working relationships and act as the primary point of contact for vendors and solution providers within the operations area
- Ensure access and security controls are in accordance with UTC policies, applicable laws and best practices
- Develop and maintain disaster recovery plans and coordinate annual tests to ensure continuous service availability
- Provide proactive leadership in the area of service quality improvement utilizing root cause analysis, corrective action plans, and continuous process improvement techniques
- Participate in Digital Technology planning and develop capacity plans and budgets that meet the growth, scale and changing needs of the business
- Partner with stakeholders across business, senior leaders and IT professionals to help define platform direction and support business applications
- Work with the product vendor(s) on issue resolution and enhancements
- Communicate risks, issues, challenges and status/progress of projects
- Excellent communications skills - ability to engage in deep technical discussions with customers and peers and become a trusted technical advisor
- Perform other duties as assigned to support Infrastructure operations and strategy
- 10+ years of relevant systems administration, architecture and data center experience and 6+ years hands-on technical management experience (leading both administrators and managers)
- Experience developing/implementing and supporting cloud strategies and services.
- Experience implementing tools to automate deployment, monitoring, and operations of infrastructure
- Ability to manage multiple projects, activities and tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to make the people and teams around you better through mentorship, collaboration, and guiding employees towards best practices.
- Demonstrated success building buy-in for an innovative and bold vision, ability to influence and motivate people across a broad variety of job functions through your relationships
- Strong project management skills with accountability for end to end delivery
- Experience developing and optimizing infrastructure architectures
- Experience with large technology transformations and re-architecture efforts
- Experience in leading and working in an agile operational environment
- Possess knowledge and hands-on experience with the implementation of ITIL and transformation to Agile methodology
- Bachelor’s degree in related technical field required with 12 years’ experience
- Relevant technical certifications a plus
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.