Database Services ManagerBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01249928 Date posted 01/02/2019 City Charlotte State North Carolina Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HNC11: UTAS Headquarters (GR) 2730 West Tyvola Road, Charlotte, NC, 28217 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our Digital Technology team is driving business efficiencies and a better customer experience by connecting technologies, people, information and processes. From making aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated to building new software platforms such as Internet of Things, big data, artificial intelligence, and blockchain, there’s no better place to be right now than in digital. If you’re an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you’re a perfect fit for this team. Join Collins Aerospace to help us revolutionize the aerospace industry today!
- Responsible for managing the Database services teams in accordance with organizational policies and goals. This team’s responsibilities include:
- Ensuring proper functioning of systems to required SLAs globally
- Assessment, design, and implementation of new or upgraded systems as necessary.
- Develop strategic direction for database and related cloud technologies.
- Trend analysis and efficient resolution for end-user computing problems across multiple regions or SBUs.
- The candidate will also be responsible for managing budget to meet department financial goals, and updating management team on project / operations initiatives.
Qualification: Basic Qualifications:
- 10 years experience managing / architecting Oracle and SQL Database technologies and related services
- 5 years experience managing staff of 8 or more, and developing departmental budget, managing service and license contracts, Service Level Agreements (SLAs), with external contractors / service providers
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with technical and non-technical personnel
- Ability to build rapport with customers at all levels inside and outside the corporation, and across regions
- Superior Organizational and Project Management Skills
- Negotiation and Analytical skills to make sound business decisions
- Basic understanding of labor laws and management practices
- Building Effective Teams and develop direct reports
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology related field
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.