Application EngineerBusinesses Carrier Job ID 01322043 Date posted 06/07/2019 City Charlotte State North Carolina Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAN03: Carrier-Charlotte, NC 9701 Old Statesville Road, Charlotte, NC, 28269 USA
Carrier is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings.
We are seeking an established Applications Engineer professional to join our Charlotte, NC team. You will assist field sales with rapid and accurate responses involving pre-sale support and activity and working with engineering and quality teams for resolution of field problems.
Are you focused, driven, and passionate about innovating and developing improving products and systems? Are you willing to work in a dynamic work environment, communicate effectively with your partners, and be able to raise issues openly? Come and join the ranks of one of the world's most respected, fast-growing, and creative companies.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Plans, prioritizes, and manages solutions for field sales team primarily focusing on water-cooled chillers
- Synthesizes analyses of data, uses the results to provide training and communications to the field
- Performs competitive analysis for products of responsibility; communicates product competitive strategies appropriately to the field
- Updates literature and software
- Support pre-sale customer visits to the Carrier factories including meeting with customers and making presentations
- Become an active member in ASHRAE and/or AHRI
- Interprets specifications and discuss with sales personnel, vendors and Carrier engineering staff
Education / Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree, Mechanical Engineering or other technical field
Experience / Qualifications:
- 4 years related experience
- Experience with one or more of the following applications is preferred; semi-custom and custom commercial applied air handling units
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills
- HVAC industry experience, preferred
- Have an ability to coordinate across multiple functions, to maintain composure in high-pressure situations, and to make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Have a combination of excellent technical skills, be a self-starter, with strong business understanding, strong self-direction, and excellent interpersonal/influencing skills to work across the Carrier organization and with customers
- Have a personality defined by positivity, responsibility, integrity, accountability, and respect culminating in a strong work ethic
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protect
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms