Technology and Product Classifier Specialist - International Trade ComplianceBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01384742 Date posted 01/22/2020 City Cedar Rapids State Iowa Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today. The nature of our global business is complex and we are part of one of the fastest growing industries on the planet. Our success relies on the Office of the General Counsel to help us get the job done. As a valued partner, the Office of the General Counsel plays an integral role in the Collins Aerospace technologies becoming a reality in space, in the air, or on the ground. The team members bring their passion, expertise and humor to everything they do, from safeguarding our collective world class team’s inventive ideas to helping us maintain the highest standards of ethical behavior. Enjoy working with diverse groups? Want opportunities to grow your career at a fast-paced, global enterprise? If you want to bring your legal expertise to the aerospace industry, our team could be a great fit for you.
Are you looking for an opportunity to learn a new skill demanded almost everywhere in the US in an interesting and challenging environment? Our team is looking for a self-motivated and confident individual with a technical education to work with our product classification team in Cedar Rapids, IA. This is a key position that sets the foundation for the export and import of the company's products and technical information
- This Compliance-Product Classification position is expected to develop into an expert on government regulations related to export classification, Harmonized Tariff Schedule classifications and country of origin determination relating to aerospace products.
- This position requires technical education and knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and software engineering concepts to understand engineering drawings and documents and lead discussions with engineering to understand product functionality and design intent as it pertains to government regulations. This may involve gathering information from inside and outside the company.
- This position is expected to be a center of knowledge that can resolve classification issues and problem solve in a manner which supports business objectives.
- This position requires the ability to explain complicated concepts and may involve training the less experienced.
- This individual will be required to interpret U.S. export and import regulations.
- This position has the responsibility for carrying out daily activities related to product classification.
- A high level of communication, time management, technical, and organizational skills are needed in the product classification process and are used on a daily basis for contacting various internal and external resources.
- This individual will also work with the team to drive consistency in the interpretation the regulations and how they apply to our products
- This position reports directly to the Avionics Technology Manager, but may have to provide support and guidance to the Export Relationship and Import Compliance Managers as well as individual business associates on product classification matters related to import and/or export activity.
- This individual will operate with a fair amount of independence, but will need to be able to communicate clearly with their team.
- This individual must flourish in a team environment.
- This individual may also be required to develop new process solutions, assist with SAP integrations, provide training on occasion, and any other request to support the Avionics SBU need for classification of our products.
- This position will be called upon to lead projects to address classification situations and will be expected to be able to create detailed plans and execute them.
- This position requires a desire to learn a new skill set in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- A working knowledge of the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS), International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR - 22 CFR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR - 15 CFR) would be a benefit but not required.
- Formal education in a technical field of study is required.
- The chosen applicant will be trained with a general understanding of the, Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS), International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR - 22 CFR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR - 15 CFR) Regulations as they relate to import and/or export activities.
- The individual must possess the ability to translate these regulations into advice and subsequent actions pertaining to product classification matters.
- This position requires a Bachelors degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residence is required
- Technical Education and knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and software engineering concepts
- Ability to read and understand drawings
- Enjoy investigating new parts and learning about what they do and where they will be used
Be able to communicate with Engineering to understand how something works or to understand the lingo.
Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
Ability to learn and utilize many different application tools (SAP, Sharepoint, Excel, Quantum, EASE, Access, Web
based tools, etc…)
Ability to step back and look at the big picture of what is needed for the enterprise and investigate other opportunities through innovation to accomplish goals.
Learn the world of export and import regulations and how you can apply them to the Collins Aerospace - Avionics products.
Customer service environment
Ability to work in a team environment
Ability to work with export regulations that are left for interpretation and communicate with team to come to a consistent answer
- Engineering Degree, preferred
- Working knowledge of SAP, preferred
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms