Systems Engineering Co-op (Summer/Fall 2020)Businesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01342631 Date posted 09/04/2019 City Cedar Rapids State Iowa Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
• Performs engineering work and applied research, development, and design for new products to ensure quality standards and functional objectives are met.
• Troubleshoots electrical devices problems to ensure that issues are resolved efficiently.
• Resolves day-to-day technical problems on the production lines to minimize disruption.
• Participates in technical preparations for new product development and implementation to ensure new products meet the required specifications.
• Operates computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
• Completes drawing designs as required to facilitate the engineering process.
• Confers with engineers, customers, vendors and other stakeholders on existing and potential engineering projects or products.
• Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks.
• Designs electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes.
• Produces products according to specifications, using the most cost effective and efficient means.
• Analyzes and evaluates new or improved electronic components.
• Includes power generation, transmission and distribution, rotating machinery, illumination, wire communication systems and servomechanisms.
• Includes circuit theory, computer design and development, instrumentation, radio communications, semiconductor devices, solid state devices, and television systems.
- Must be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. US Citizenship is required.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms