Systems Engineer - Advanced Datalinks - New Grad - Active or Recent Clearance requiredBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 15226 Date posted 01/11/2019 City Cedar Rapids State Iowa Country United States
Requisition ID: 15226
Are you ready to apply your skills and experience working on systems and products that support our war-fighters and help protect our nation? Then consider becoming part of the growing Government Systems Communication Products Organization. As a Systems Engineer on the Advanced Data Links Team, you will be part of a multi-functional team comprised of Systems and Hardware engineers leading development of our next generation communications products supporting our military and their partners.
Specific responsibilities of this position include system and subsystem requirements analysis, definition, and validation; systems and subsystems integration and requirements verification testing; effective technical collaboration among systems, hardware and software design functions; assisting in resolving technical problems that cross functional domain areas of hardware and software; and supporting customer platform integration.
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
- Must possess, have possessed or have applied for a U.S. DOD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
- Knowledge of the systems development process, including requirements capture, design, decomposition, integration, and verification/validation
- Knowledge of communications engineering fundamentals (e.g: general radio transceiver architectures/designs, basic radio functional component blocks, performance specifications and test methodologies)
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering Field is required
- Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more