Staff Software EngineerBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01301939 Date posted 05/17/2019 City Cedar Rapids State Iowa Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
Applies a systematic, disciplined, quantifiable approach to the construction, analysis, or management of software. Uses independent judgment to make decisions in day-to-day job responsibilities the majority of the time under general supervision.
- Significant knowledge: Product family, Architecture and Systems in assigned portfolio.
- Considered a Subject Matter Expert in at least one area and a domain generalist in multiple areas, including a significant understanding of systems knowledge in the assigned areas. Sought out by those both internal and external to the department.
- Mentors product development teams in the utilization of the appropriate RC processes and tools during product development, thus increasing product quality and improving customer satisfaction.
- Capable to serve as a software architect to capture, analyze, decompose and translate requirements for software embedded systems of moderate to high complexity. Collaborate with systems engineers to develop functional, interface and performance specifications for software implementation. Identify and document architecturally significant requirements and technical risk areas. Ensure that development products are designed to meet the applicable RCI, Business Unit, and Customer/Project requirements.
- Capable of leading teams in the design, coding, testing, integration and documentation of complex software. Apply and tailor internal processes, using knowledge of methods and tools for software development and documentation efforts.
- Capable of serving as a software lead in integration, verification, and validation of products and sub-systems of moderate to high complexity. Can perform debugging and integration tasks on most layers of software in a complex system.
- Capable to lead and develop engineering estimates for Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) and Bid proposals, using applicable enterprise estimation tools, for software product domains and architectures. May lead cross-functional/domain teams in a Project Engineering role.
- Has significant knowledge of company, industry practices and standards and assists in identifying gaps in the organization's technical knowledge.
- Develop and/or utilize prognostic metrics to drive efficient software design & development. Review metrics and software performance trends, identify systemic root causes and process improvements and recommend new approaches, tools, techniques that drive continuous improvements in software development process.
- Capable of proactively identifying complicated and detailed technical topics, and helps direct the team to resolve them. Ensures these issues are elevated and communicated to project leadership.
- Individual job duties may vary.
Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. DoD Security Clearance (must be a U.S. citizen)
Experience with C++
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms