Sr Program, Planning & Control AnalystBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 15284 Date posted 01/11/2019 City Cedar Rapids State Iowa Country United States
Requisition ID: 15284
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Participates in the control of costs and schedules on projects requiring validated cost schedule control system.
- Analysis - Seeks support and input from key team members before the start of an in-depth analysis of a problem.
- Detail Orientation - Consistently produces quality results while striving to work to the best of one's ability.
- Financial/Numerical Competence - Can identify key factors within financial reports affecting the financial performance of his or her unit/department.
- Judgment - Able to make quick and well-informed decisions, even under high pressured situations.
- Relationships - Displays sensitivity and awareness of how his/her actions affect customers and coworkers. Develops relationships with others that are based on trust.
- Communication - Speaks clearly and comfortably in both planned and impromptu situations. Consistently delivers concise and articulate written communications.
- Strategic Thinking - Makes recommendations for ways to improve on the program/ project's financial performance.
- Monitors and reports performance against plans to ensure the contractual, cost and schedule objectives are met.
- Develops cost and schedule plans to meet contractual/project requirements and align to schedule plans for moderate to large complex programs.
- Performs analysis and prepares reports in order to ensure that projects are within approved cost & scope parameters and coordinates/communicates timely requests for additional funding, through the appropriate functional representative(s)
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise. Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation. May refer to established precedents and policies. Exerts some influence on the overall objectives and long range goals of the organization.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards. Full knowledge of industry practices. A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization. Resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
- Preparation and presentation of quarterly contract estimates at completion to ensure the accuracy of the programs engineering sales, spend and cash flow forecasts for larger more complex program(s). Support LCVSM in presenting to the controller.
- Good understanding and utilization of Earned Value Management practices and procedures, which includes system tool usage, such as SAP, Cobra, ISAT and Microsoft products.
- Prepare and analyze inputs for engineering sales and spend, and milestone billing forecasts, and perform same effort for Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and Strategic Financial Plan (SFP) for assigned program(s) or LCVSM area.
- Provide variance analysis of engineering sales and spend, schedule and milestone billing forecast in comparison to prior and plan. Perform same effort for AOP/SFP. Identify/quantify risks and opportunities to ensure that the team and management are informed of the financial status and impact.
- Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience
- Must be proficient experience with financial analysis
- Must have prior experience presenting financial data
- Must have experience developing cost plans to meet contractual requirements
- Must have experience SAP Project Systems and/orCobra
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.