Sr EditorBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 15260 Date posted 01/11/2019 City Cedar Rapids State Iowa Country United States
Requisition ID: 15260
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
We are currently searching for a Sr Editor to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.
We are currently searching for a Sr Editor - Publications & Training Solutions to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). The Sr Editor position is responsible for, but not limited to, processing text and illustrations to develop final reproducible material for military and commercial technical manuals, commercial instruction books, parts lists, and various other technical documents produced by the Publications writing teams. The candidate will perform word processing, editing, grammar check, composing, quality check, and layout of text and illustrations. Additional areas of responsibilities include management of processed text and illustrations, document analysis for content and structure, and delivery requirements to support department and industry standard processes. This is done by working closely with writers, illustrators and publishing personnel to produce a complete deliverable.
- Must have highly developed organizational skills and able to work and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Must possess excellent grammatical and spelling skills.
- Must have strong computer skills, effective facilitator and administrative skills, and be effective in verbal and written communications with excellent literacy skills.
- High interpersonal communication skills.
- Professional attitude toward work assignments, toward customer relationships, and toward company/department Lean goals and vision.
- Must be able and willing to accept responsibility and perform with minimal supervision.
- Be a proactive team player who thinks ahead, plans, and suggests solutions.
- Have positive attitude toward change and inevitable mid-project course corrections.
- Must be able to organize, plan, prepare, and coordinate documents for large-scaled and moderately complex programs with limited supervision within the Publication and Training Solutions department.
- Performs as a specialist in specific areas.
- US Citizenship
- Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance
- High School Diploma or equivalent; identified skills and experience
- Fluent in Commercial and Government standards for various publication or training products such as Component Maintenance Manuals, Illustrated Parts Lists, and Operator Guides.
- Literacy in structured authoring (SGML, XML) environment (bookplan structure; ATA task numbering; typical DTDs/schema, elements and attributes).
- Experience producing electronic technical data.
- Simplified Technical English (ASD/AECMA version) experience.
- Familiarity with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe FrameMaker.
- Familiarity with writing, illustrating and graphic specifications.
- Understanding of Lean principles.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.